Systems Engineer, Associate
- 2300 City Line Rd, Bethlehem, PA 18017, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Rexroth Corporation
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world’s leading providers of drive and control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth team with the local experience and the appropriate know-how from more than 30 industries and all drive and control technologies. Our associates take on their customers’ challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found. This is what makes Bosch Rexroth a strong, reliable partner for Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering and Factory Automation. As the Drive & Control Company, we develop, produce, and distribute our components and system solutions in over 80 countries. You’ll find our drive and control technology in a wide variety of applications: From excavators and tractors to CNC woodworking and metal-cutting machines. You’ll find us in automotive factories, packaging systems for the food industry, medical devices and laboratories, and even in grand-scale projects such as the London Eye or the Panama Canal. With a product portfolio that includes all technologies, as well as a comprehensive offering in service and support, Bosch Rexroth is an expert partner for the complete machine life cycle.
- Develop, promote and support sales for industrial components, modules, manifolds and power units to achieve Bosch Rexroth business goals
- Develop, engineer and quote solutions (components & systems) to meet market-specific and customer-specific requirements
- Generate, amend and verify assembly and detail design drawings for Rexroth modules and standards based on industry requirements/specifications and in accordance with department and company standards
- Collaborate, as necessary, with engineering, manufacturing, quality, sales, marketing, service, logistics etc. within Bosch Rexroth locally & worldwide to create market and customer specific products and solutions
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities within the organization
- Ability toward interpreting customer specifications, offering specific component recommendations, and assist with selection of a particular component
- Pro-actively address and resolve difficult customer issues and complaints
- Evaluates, develops, reviews and verifies system designs for applications which Rexroth has technical responsibility. Candidates will be responsible for the overall technical performance of specific projects or applications within EPU (Engineering and Manufacturing Power Units). These responsibilities include but are not limited to system analysis, design engineering, system quotations, material specification and component selection
- Works closely with market specific Lines of Business to evaluate application requirements through specification review and technical discussions with customers
- Support system proposals with creation of hydraulic schematics, system layouts, BOM’s and specifications
- Review and verify designs for which Rexroth has system responsibility
- Coordinate technical requirements and provide specifications, schematics, BOMs and design guidance to focus factories and/or sub-contractors
- Review all project-related drawings prior to customer submittal
- Coordinate Hydraulic system design with Electronic control system design
- Execute consistent, responsible and accurate drive system design and pricing proposals
- Perform other essential and related peripheral duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a related technical field from an accredited institution (ex. CHEA)
- A strong mechanical and/or machine (robotic) control background; aptitude to conceptualize product(s), application(s), functions, and solutions
- Experience in: 3D Modeling (Inventor/Solidworks), AutoCAD, FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- High degree of accuracy and efficiency in performing complicated tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability/willingness to learn and apply knowledge of industrial hydraulic principles, products, and functions
- Ability to establish and develop business contacts
- Aptitude toward work environments that include being in front of customers, both internal and external work teams, as well as independently
- Strong negotiating, interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Good sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- Able to travel up to 25% - required
- Domestic and some international travel required to customer sites for meetings, startups, commissioning, technical reviews, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives.
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology
- AWIM (A World in Motion)