Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- 1555 Centre Rd, Clayton VIC 3168, Australia
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
With a proud history dating back 133 years, the Bosch Group now employs roughly 403,000 people across 165 countries. As a leading IoT company, Bosch offers innovative solutions for smart homes, smart cities, connected mobility, and connected manufacturing. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is “Invented for life.” To this day, Bosch remains privately owned, with 92% held by a charitable trust. Bosch is a rather special company.
The Bosch Australia Manufacturing Solutions division is a leader in the design and development of special purpose manufacturing equipment. We are currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Design Specialist to join our team. The role is full-time for a fixed term of 3 months (initially with a possibility to extend) and is based at our headquarters in Clayton, Melbourne.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Mechanical CAD design of special purpose machines and production lines as per customer specifications
- Developing concepts for special purpose machinery and robot applications
- Preparation of 3D CAD and 2D Drawings
- Technical support for new business acquisition
- Mentoring and technically supporting contractors for machine design
- Maintaining mechanical drawings in accordance with the Bosch standards and norms
- Providing design simulations to validate performance criteria
- Develop a cost sensitive design approach in order to achieve cost competitiveness
What you can bring to Bosch
We are looking for an innovated thinker who works well in a team environment, is results focused and displays a high level of attention to detail.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Significant experience in Mechanical design of Special Purpose Machines & production line equipment
- CAD experience, preferably with SolidWorks, in both 3D Mechanical Design and 2D Drafting
- Ability to travel occasionally (local and international), and hold a valid driver’s license
Life at Bosch
We recognise that our employees are our greatest asset. Through the diversity of our business, and a commitment to personal and career development, we provide an environment where employees can achieve their full potential.
- The ability to work flexibly
- Training and development programs to help you reach your full potential
- The option to purchase additional annual leave
- A wide range of Health and Wellbeing programs
- Support and counselling services with work or personal matters through our Employee Assistance Program
- Journey Accident Insurance
- Diverse and exciting career opportunities, both local and international
- Discounts on Bosch products and as well as products from affiliated brands
Interested in a career at Bosch?
Bosch values diversity in the workplace and in our recruitment activities. We actively pursue a recruiting strategy that works towards eliminating unconscious bias. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume using through apply button on this page.
Please note: You need to be an Australian citizen, or hold Australian work rights, to apply for this role.
Bosch does not accept any agency submissions unless approval has been given by a member of the Bosch HR Team. All agency submissions must be submitted directly to Bosch HR. Potential candidates submitted by an agency directly to any Bosch employee or manager without Bosch HR approval will not be considered by Bosch. Bosch will not be liable for a recruitment fee in these circumstances. Any agency terms and conditions must be signed by Bosch HR indicating acceptance.