Design Engineer, Power Units
- 2315 City Line Rd, Bethlehem, PA 18017, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Rexroth Corporation
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world’s leading providers of drive and control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth team with the local experience and the appropriate know-how from more than 30 industries and all drive and control technologies. Our associates take on their customers’ challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found. This is what makes Bosch Rexroth a strong, reliable partner for Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering and Factory Automation. As the Drive & Control Company, we develop, produce, and distribute our components and system solutions in over 80 countries. You’ll find our drive and control technology in a wide variety of applications: From excavators and tractors to CNC woodworking and metal-cutting machines. You’ll find us in automotive factories, packaging systems for the food industry, medical devices and laboratories.
- Responsible for the development and design of the Power Unit product line
- Generate, amend and verify assembly and detail design drawings for the manufacturing of power units based on customer requirements/specifications and in accordance with department and industry standards
- Generate design releases and final production bills of materials
- Generate Engineering Change Notifications when necessary
- Responsible for designing cost efficient and technically sound power units
- Responsible for meeting project time and budget requirements
- Assist Production and Quality departments with risk assessments of deviations to design, including FEA
- Assist Sales & Engineering in the review of customer specifications prior to quotation, including design time estimates as well as conceptual designs
- Assist personnel from other departments or outside vendors in proper specification or interpretation of materials or work instructions
- Maintain well-organized design files in accordance with department and company procedures
- Performs other essential and related peripheral duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or related field from an accredited institution (ex. CHEA)
- Experience with CAD software, creating 3D designs and performing FEA (i.e. - Autodesk Inventor)
- Experience with reading schematic and circuits
- Experience with pipe and tubing specification and design
- Familiar with document management systems (e.g. ADEPT)
- Familiar with tolerance stack up analysis
- Exposure to product development process and DFMEA
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to meet deadlines
- Experience with various problem solving techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated individual who is team oriented and possesses strong analytical capabilities
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives.
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology
- AWIM (A World in Motion)