Hydraulic Repair Technician
- 490 Prince Charles Dr S, Welland, ON L3B 5X7, Canada
- Legal Entity: Bosch Rexroth Canada Corporation
Our drive and control technologies ensure efficient, powerful and safe movement in machines and systems of any size. We inspire our customers with intelligent components, tailored system solutions, and services – from fully connected applications to the factory of the future.
Named one of Hamilton-Niagara’s Top Employer of 2020, Bosch Rexroth Canada is dedicated to making the world a better place through innovation and technology. We are looking for associates who will take on our customers’ challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found and who will thrive in a face-paced, collaborative and exciting environment. Join us and help set the world in motion!
Working within a mechanical shop environment, effectively undertake all key responsibilities within the repair value stream to ensure achievement of team targets. Daily activities include the following.
- Disassemble and inspect hydraulic products for repair and warranty consideration
- Assess and report on the condition of product returned for repair and warranty consideration
- Formulate a hypothesis as to probable cause of product failure
- Identify parts for replacement and parts for rework in accordance to Bosch Rexroth product repair standards
- Assemble products in accordance to factory procedures and specifications
- Function test product as required using product procedures and specifications
- Maintain equipment used within the shop environment as well as general cleanliness of the repair shop area
- Any other duties as may be required
- Observe instructions and regulations relating to environmental protection when carrying out assigned duties
- Follow instructions and regulations for fire, safety, and risk avoidance
- Certificate in one of Mechanical Technology, Fluid Power Technology, or Millwright
- Experience in a mechanical field using hand tools and measuring equipment (combination wrenches, hex keys, torque wrench, Vernier caliper, dial indicator, etc.)
- Prior exposure to an industrial environment
- Strong technical background/ aptitude
- Tow motor operation and safety
- Overhead crane operation and rigging
- Proficient computer skills specifically in Windows and MS Office
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. Bosch Rexroth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.