Machine Learning Algorithm Engineer
- 2555 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
Bosch Security Systems is a leading global supplier of security, safety, and communications products and systems. Protecting lives, buildings and assets is the major aim. The product portfolio includes video surveillance, intrusion detection, fire detection and voice evacuation systems as well as access control and management systems. Professional audio and conference systems for communication of voice, sound and music complete the range.
Machine Learning Algorithm Engineer position will be part of the Lancaster, PA structure, but will sit at our research development facility in Pittsburgh, PA. Lancaster, PA is the state-of-the-art design center for Bosch moving cameras. These cameras pan, tilt and zoom to help users locate, track and zoom in on objects of interest. Bosch constantly pushes the boundaries of video surveillance technology to develop intelligent solutions that go beyond the highest security demands of today and deliver clear business advantages beyond security. Our intelligent camera portfolio is built around our areas of expertise: delivering the highest quality of relevant images, the most efficient bitrates with the lowest storage requirements and network strain, and keeping video data secure.
A successful candidate will take an important role in design and implementation of state-of-the-art Machine Learning/AI capabilities for Moving Video camera products.
Key job responsibilities:
- Design, implement ML/AI algorithms that meet our customer needs and use case requirements
- Directly interface with Bosch business units to ensure on-time delivery of critical product development milestones
- Actively contribute to and help maintain the Bosch Audio and Video AI codebase/SW platform
- Take the lead when it comes to transitioning research prototypes into software products/solutions for our customers
- Ensure critical algorithm performance criteria are met for practical use (including setting up appropriate data collection strategy and validation experiments)
- Directly work with Bosch research staff members to develop, test, and deploy new capabilities as necessary
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems/Technology or Electrical Engineering and 4+ years of software development experience in Python and/or C/C++ OR a PhD with 2+ years of software development experience in Python and/or C/C++ from research experience
- 4+ years of R&D experience in design and implementation of large-scale Machine Learning/AI algorithms (related to computer vision, speech/audio or other time series data)
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning/deep learning and/or R signal processing algorithms
- Prior experience working in deep learning/machine learning packages such as TensorFlow, PyTorch or related
- Experience in architecting and deploying edge software with real-time ML inference (e.g. Android, Raspberry Pi, ARM-based embedded platforms)
- Familiarity with agile development processes, continuous integration processes, and/or specific knowledge/experience with SCRUM
- Experience in developing an AI software platform/SDK
- Strong analytical reasoning/problem solving skills
- Strong customer and result orientation
- Evidence of strong R&D track record as indicated by publications, filed/granted patents etc.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and teamwork skills
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)