- Key's Road, Nix's Hill Industrial Estate, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
- Legal Entity: sia Abrafoam Ltd.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
sia Abrasives Ltd (part of the Bosch Power Tools/Accessories Division) is an innovative manufacturer of non-woven and foam abrasive products as well as a distributer in the UK of coated abrasives. The sites in Greetland, West Yorkshire and Alfreton, Derbyshire, have a wealth of experience in the manufacture and development of abrasive products, ideally complementing sia Abrasives’ systems solutions.
This position supports manufacturing operations, the Quality Engineer and the Head of Quality by undertaking testing, auditing and observations at all stages of manufacture from raw material through to finished packed products. To maintain the profile of the QMM Department and factory-wide awareness of Company and Customer quality requirements and process control to ensure customer and end-user satisfaction; to effectively communicate and coach at all stages of interaction and champion satisfactory control of material conformance.
- Undertake product audits (pre-, during and post manufacture (VQ)) and constantly monitor conformance to specification, raising awareness of quality issues and supporting Manufacturing as necessary to problem solve and correct.
- Undertake manufacturing process audits (e.g. First Off Inspections audits, Control Plans, Critical Settings and Charts) and raising awareness of and supporting Manufacturing with trend analysis and compliance.
- Audit material testing e.g. grit retention, adhesive weights as necessary, recording and communicating results and conclusions.
- Responsible for controlling Non-Conformances material and VQ failures including identification, physical movement / control, electronic stock (AX) and accurate counting. Communicating all non-conformances to all internal interested parties.
- Support Laboratory & Quality Engineer in Non-Conforming Material and Customer Complaint investigations as necessary to identify root cause, containment and corrective action. ·
- Release Samples for customer requested by Sales, make sure the samples meets the required specification.
- Incoming Goods Inspection and providing samples to QMM laboratory for testing (density/hardness/tensile etc.)
- Satisfactorily record all work undertaken using defined processes and systems. Ensuring all Quality Records are correctly filed and maintained.
- Complete agreed goals, objectives and targets within defined schedules as required.
- Presents a Quality conscious image at all times, championing the Voice of the Customer and raising awareness of Company quality requirements, procedural approach and expectations to all Associates
- Keep stamp records up-to-date. Monitor all Associates on shift, recording observations as necessary and supporting their development. Working strictly within Company Policies and Procedures with handling personal data.
- To support with the management of the quarantine area and laboratory, keeping items identifiable and the areas organised.
- To identify process and specification improvement opportunities, working as a team across all shifts and with (not limited to) Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement to evaluate and implement effective measures.
- Liaises with all internal departments
- Any other activity defined by the plant QMM.
- Maintenance of technical skill profile to meet business needs .
* Have relevant experience in a similar role, ideally within a manufacturing environment * Educated to GCSE or equivocal in Maths/English * IT literate including ERP System - Axapta (or demonstrable ability to learn) * Have good MS office including Word and Excel experience * Be a communicator: have a relatively outgoing personality, with a moral compass * Excellent communication skills both verbal and written * Willingness to accept change * Proactive and positive approach to tasks * Proactive self-starter able to work under own direction, a “starter-completer”, providing ongoing updates and follow project to completion * Strong interpersonal skills (cooperation across hierarchies and international boundaries) * Demonstrates attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy * Flexible, with the ability to support and positively influence across various departments and levels of management * Champion Quality at all times*
Competitive benefits and services including pension, life assurance, 24 holidays + statutory leave, employee assistance programme, flexible working options, Perkbox, employee discounts on Bosch goods, development opportunities, close to motorway links and on-site parking