Senior Android Architect
- Scheelevägen, Lund, Sweden
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch AB
Welcome to a world, where your ideas lead to something big. Welcome to Bosch!
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. In Lund we develop products for automotive, ebike and IoT, Lund is a software center within Bosch and we are around 170 engineers working with different products for tomorrow´s automotive industry. Welcome to Bosch!
The Android Automotive team in Lund consists of a diverse mix of software developers, a couple of product managers, product owner and scrum master who together drive the area. We work a lot in a system context which spans low level software and Android framework, but sometimes all the way up to applications when we build demos and proof of concepts for the stakeholder, marketing and selling the Bosch solutions to global car manufacturers.
For more info about Bosch Infotainment systems visit bosch.com
In this position, you will be the responsible software architect for the Android Automotive in the infotainment units, e.g. the touch-screen center head unit running Android in passenger cars. The infotainment system is increasingly becoming a vital part of the driver/passenger experience with richer functionality such as smartphone integration, navigation, security and internet connectivity. Much of this provided by Google with additional services/apps developed by Bosch. The usage of Android in head units are increasingly getting a vital part of the Car Multimedia business unit. The coming systems combine the infotainment screen with the instrument panel, and is highly integrated with the vehicle computers.
So, we are looking for someone to drive the architecture for Android Bosch Infotainment systems:
- Take a leading role in the Android software architecture management and co-operate with the central architecture organization for larger initiatives
- Contribute in developing different versions of hybrid system architectures and provide design solutions including proprietary components as well as components from SoC vendors, OEMs, and 3rd party
- Identify and address system level issues such as resource consumption and inter-application communication
- Take a leading role in establishing continuous architecture governance practice within different development teams
- Set the governance rules for bringing in patches to AOSP and pave way for efficient hardware platform bring up
We also need you to understand customer requirements:
- Work together with customer facing teams to evaluate customer specific architectural solutions
- Drive a mainline approach with the latest Android release available for customer projects to start from
Guideing the development team will also be part of your job:
- Contribute in planning and scoping of features including quality and non-functional requirements at a program and solution level to establish the architecture runway while keeping architectural debt to a minimum
- Provide technical steering to development teams, both locally and remotely
- Broad experience in Android Architecture
- Experience in virtualization technology and hypervisors
- Experience in collaboration with Google would be considered an advantage
- Understanding of agile development methods and open source handling
- Strong team player, willing to take technical leadership
- Self-motivated and proactive attitude with a hands-on approach to work
- Strong written and verbal communication for expressing technical ideas and initiatives
Your future job location offers you:
Flexible worktime options, benefits and services, medical services, employee discounts, various sports and health opportunities, on site parking, catering facilities, access to local public transport, room for creativity, urban infrastructures, rural surroundings.
Diversity is our strength! At Bosch we look at diversity in gender, generation, nationalities and culture as our advantage. We believe mixed teams to be more successful because they utilize the potential offered by different perspectives and solution strategies. We therefore promote mixed teams at all levels and draw on the entire talent pool.