Intern Lean Manufacturing/BPS
- 2315 City Line Rd, Bethlehem, PA 18017, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Rexroth Corporation
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world’s leading providers of drive and control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth team with the local experience and the appropriate know-how from more than 30 industries and all drive and control technologies. Our associates take on their customers’ challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found. This is what makes Bosch Rexroth a strong, reliable partner for Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering and Factory Automation. As the Drive & Control Company, we develop, produce, and distribute our components and system solutions in over 80 countries. You’ll find our drive and control technology in a wide variety of applications: From excavators and tractors to CNC woodworking and metal-cutting machines. You’ll find us in automotive factories, packaging systems for the food industry, medical devices and laboratories, and even in grand-scale projects such as the London Eye or the Panama Canal. (Watch our video!) With a product portfolio that includes all technologies, as well as a comprehensive offering in service and support, Bosch Rexroth is an expert partner for the complete machine life cycle.
For our associates, working at Bosch Rexroth means having more than just a secure job—it means having the doors open to exceptional career pathways. Our values derive from a commitment to leading-edge technology, global partnership, and a strong sense of responsibility—to our communities and to the environment. We find our strength in our diverse backgrounds, experience and individual talents and capabilities. Our associates are a competitive advantage that is unmatched anywhere. They allow us to continuously impress our customers throughout the world.
Indefinite US work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
(Internship is form June to December time frame )
- Support the Lean transformation of the Bethlehem Organization through support in implementing Lean methods and tools.
- Defining and executing of action plans to reach the next maturity level to sustain achieved progress.
- Contribute to develop coaching concepts for all leadership levels.
- Support and improve the company’s Employee suggestion program and support the development of a training concept regarding a Quality minded Culture following our Q-Basics principles.
- Support Connected Industry projects through integration of Lean principles.
- Perform other essential and related peripheral duties as may be assigned.
- Interns are a full member of the team who works with us in achieving our common goals.
Bright Ideas (25%)
- Attend Daily/Weekly Team Huddle Meetings to promote Bright Ideas
- Administration of Database (Adding new users, changing supervisors, reporting, etc.)
- Administration of Gifts
- Coordination of Department contest winner lunches
Connected Basics Training (25%)
- Updated training content (i.e. PowerPoint deck with connected content)
- Assist with facilitation of the training
- System CIP / System CIP Projects / Point CIP (10%)
- Track progress of each area against agreed upon criteria, report and provide recommended solutions
- Setup and break down events
- Maintain training database and send out requests for associates to attend events
- Post event summaries on Bosch Connect
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university (ex. CHEA) and pursuing a Bachelors in Business or Engineering with minimum four semesters completed or Master’s Degree in Business or Engineering with at least one semester completed.
- Previous experience in related field as well as project management experience.
- Strong personal and problem solving skills.
- Minimum overall GPA of at least 3.0.
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and to lead small project group.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office with a focus in Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.