Thesis Image matching for ground texture images
- Robert-Bosch-Straße 200, 31139 Hildesheim, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
We are looking for novel approaches to localization for autonomously driven robots and vehicles. Ground texture based localization is a promising approach to enable the required low-cost, robust positioning capabilities. This project offers you the opportunity to study conventional image processing approaches and novel machine learning approaches to image matching. You can set your own research focus, analyze existing approaches, and test your own ideas.
- Contribute to progress: You are responsible for developing and evaluating methods for image matching of images from a downward-facing camera.
- Gain experience: During you assignment, you will analyze related work and support the team.
- Education: Studies in the field of electrical engineering, computer science, applied mathematics or comparable with good to very good academic performance
- Personality: High initiative and independent
- Working Practice: Structured and careful
- Experience: Experienced in the field of image processing and deep learning
- Knowledge: Programming skills in C++ or Python desirable
- Enthusiasm: Passionate about scientific research in applied subject areas
- Languages: Good English and basic German
Start: according to prior agreement
Duration: 3 - 6 months
Requirement for this thesis is the enrollment at university. Please attach a motivation letter, your CV, transcript of records, examination regulations and if indicated a valid work and residence permit.
Need further information about the job?
Jan Fabian Schmid (Business Department)
+49 5121 49-1081