Windows / Mac Multi-Platform Software Development Engineer
- 12000 Portland Ave, Burnsville, MN 55337, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
Bosch Building Technologies is a division of the Bosch Group, a global supplier of technology and services in the areas of automotive and industrial technology, consumer goods, and building technology. Bosch Building Technologies is a supplier of equipment for the global electronic protection and communications systems industries.
INNOVATION HAPPENS HERE
RTS Intercoms are a part of the Bosch Communications Systems family of brands, offering the world's most complete portfolio of professional audio and communications solutions. Burnsville, Minnesota is home to the global headquarters of the Bosch Communications Systems business unit.
In this role, you will develop Windows / Mac OS / Mobile Platform Software with an emphasis on Modern UI development
Specifically, you will develop windows-based user Interface applications for Wired and Wireless Intercom Products (RTS brand) which are used for Media Production. The focus is on understanding the workflow for configuration and operation of Intercom products. One of the key responsibilities is developing User Interface based on UX design principles and guidelines. Familiarity with Software Architecture and Design patterns is one of the key requirements for this job. Applying sound engineering knowledge and understand the complete software development process; this includes the verification and validation process. The individual should be capable of independent evaluation, decision-making, and able to successfully interact with other functional areas. Analytical and Communication skills are an extremely important component to this position as well as the ability to actively listen and learn from others. A key emphasis for candidates will be in the area of UI development plus modern graphics and workflow development concepts.
- Develop innovative Windows-based software applications, using the latest in Ux tools, that will be used by our customers for the configuration and operation of our equipment in media production environments.
- Develop UI and workflow for Wire and Wired Intercom Products. Responsibilities include requirements analysis, implementing design, verification, software prototyping, test development, Opportunity exists to grow in responsibilities.
- Develop Automated Unit Test Framework (like C++Unit, NUnit)
- Use of Automated Build Tools (Jenkins)
- Documenting test cases and test results in Test Link or similar software tools
- Documenting Defects/issues in Defect Management Tool (Mantis)
- Provide assistance in analyzing customer product quality issues or complaints regarding products and performs appropriate verification testing to determine root cause, and then support in developing appropriate corrective actions for product failures.
B.S. or equivalent 2 years plus experience in Electrical or Electronics or Computer Science or Mathematics.
Knowledge of programming languages – C#, C, C++, ASP.NET, QT, HTML 5
Development experience in UX based applications
Experience using Visual Studio and or similar IDE for UX development
Development experience in client-server application development (both Windows and web applications HTML 5)
Good Debugging skills using the above tools
Good knowledge of Design patterns and OOAD
Understanding of Multi-threaded applications
Understanding of Communication protocols (like UART, TCP/IP)
Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, independent learner, self-motivated.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics
(For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
(A World In Motion)