SAP-PDM Master Data Analyst
- 12000 Portland Ave, Burnsville, MN 55337, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
Bosch Communications Systems (BT-CO) is a business unit of Bosch Building Technologies. BT-CO offers communications solutions for some of the world's most critical, high-profile installations and events. It is one of the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of Professional Audio, Life Safety, Conference Solutions and Critical Communications Systems.
Acting as a central resource for all USA-based Engineering groups within the Bosch Communications Systems (BT-CO) Business Unit, the primary purpose to this position is in supporting SAP-PDM Material Master data / Bill of Material (BoM) / Document creation, change control and maintenance activities. This position also supports SAP-PDM data inquiries and cleansing activities, as requested by the Business Unit (BU) functions or Division-level groups.
In supporting the BT-CO Engineering community, this position must actively interface and collaborate with various departments within the Division and BU; including Product Management, Finance, BU Planning, Purchasing, Logistics, Service, Central Material Data Maintenance (CMDM) and others as needed in the completion of assigned tasks.
This position will primarily support a specific Engineering group(s) in a critical guidance and execution role within Bosch PEP (Product Engineering Process) and ECN (Engineering Change Notice) processes, as assigned by the ENS1 Manager. It will also support international BT-CO Engineering groups, Bosch Manufacturing plants, and Division or Central Corporate departments, as requested on a per project basis.
- Education: Minimum of a 2-year post-secondary degree, certificate or equivalent industry experience; preferably education and/or experience are in a technical or computer-related discipline and in support of an engineering and/or manufacturing environment.
- Experience: Minimum (5) years; directly involving master data / BoM creation and maintenance in an ERP/MRP software environment, supporting an engineering community and primarily using computerized databases, especially major ERP/MRP/PLM/PDM systems.
- Previous experience and in-depth knowledge of Engineering documentation and change management processes, preferably in an ISO-regulated environment. Experience with FAA-TSO is a plus.
- Navigation and functional knowledge of the SAP-PDM (R/3) system. Detailed understanding of the Material Master / BOM interdependencies and complexities. Previous use of SAP-PDM or ProductCenter PLM are a plus.
- Ability to read and understand a variety of Engineering documents, including drawings, specifications, schematics, user manuals, etc.
- Solid understanding of general manufacturing and business operations is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, high level of accuracy and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various functional organizations, being appropriately assertive and diplomatic.
- Ability to overcome obstacles. Resourceful, action oriented, tenacious and consistently strives to achieve desired results and is able to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrates consistent logic, objectivity and rationale in decision-making. Ability to make proper judgments in an unbiased manner and develop sensible, realistic, practical solutions.
- Ability to identify problems and root causes. Is creative in problem solving, listens to all input, examines all possibilities. Remains open-minded.
- Ability to write clear, precise procedures/protocols and communicate them effectively to ensure accurate data input and maintenance.
- Experience using MS-Word & Excel is mandatory… Advanced skills are preferred (i.e. – use of complex formulas, data merges, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Must be capable of self-direction, based on assigned project work.
- Must work effectively in a team environment, including the support of other PDM group members during absences and spikes in workload.
- Must work well under pressure due to tight deadlines, when necessary
- Regular business travel is not a requirement, but there may be training or project opportunities that necessitate occasional travel. This will consist mostly of US domestic travel to other Bosch sites, but may include international travel to attend group / project meetings, depending on project assignments. Ability and readiness to travel is a plus.
- Physical Demands: Normal Office Environment. While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires sitting at and working with a computer workstation for long periods of time.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)