Senior Project Engineer
- 14001 S Lakes Dr, Charlotte, NC 28273, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Rexroth Corporation
The Drive and Control Technology Division in North America develops internationally leading products, systems and services for machine tool and factory automation applications.
Bosch Rexroth is the world leader in the drive, motion and control technologies that power today’s most advanced manufacturing systems. We combine a passion for solving complex engineering challenges with unmatched applications expertise across a broad range of industries. Our proven machine and automation products equip you to operate platforms engineered to the highest levels of energy efficiency, productivity, flexibility and long-term value.
Bosch Rexroth is seeking a self-motivated individual for a Senior Project Engineer position in our Turn-Key Projects business. Project Engineer will be responsible for technical support for turn-key projects from proposal stage to installation and customer acceptance. The successful candidate will support the work directly with the Project Manager and clients to develop the layout, technical specifications and proposals to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. Individual will also be responsible for supporting the development of technical specifications for suppliers and providing technical support to purchasing for the procurement of equipment and services from suppliers. Individual will provide support to Project Manager in preparing and maintaining project progress reports as needed. Ideally, individual will have skill set to perform overall project management duties as required.
Senior Project Engineer Responsibilities
· Provide technical support in meetings with clients to define scope and specific requirements of each project
· Prepare layout drawings and technical specifications to support preparation of project proposals. Assist in preparation of proposals as required.
· Perform engineering calculations and select proper components required to meet project scope, specification and deliverables.
· Assist Project Manager in tracking and driving project performance.
· Assist in selection of suppliers and negotiation to ensure project technical requirements and budget are met.
· Maintain a robust change management system to manage project scope changes and prevent project cost overruns
· Support development of comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as the project team. Support preparation of project status reports for management.
Project Manager Skills
· 5 years of experience in engineering of turn-key automation projects involving conveyance systems. Experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods(FMCG) preferred but not required.
· BSME, BSEE or equivalent 4 year engineering degree.
· Experience in 2D and 3D CAD platforms.
· Experience in sizing and selection of components required for turn-key automation projects including conveyors, pneumatics, linear products electrical components, structural supports, etc.
· Advanced time management and analytical skills
· Excellent client-facing communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.