Machine Learning Research Scientist
- 2555 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
At the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI), our research efforts shape the future of AI worldwide and enable the BOSCH Group to the global leader in industrial AI. As a part of BCAI Research, you will have the opportunity to work with large-scale data sets across domains, AI along wide maturity scales, and multi-disciplinary teams around the world.
At our location in Pittsburgh, you will be part of a cutting edge entrepreneurial research environment at the core of Bosch’s AI effort and take advantage of academic partnerships via our multi-year sponsorship of leading international universities, e.g. Carnegie Mellon University.
- Create something new: As a leading research scientist, you define a research agenda for an AI research field and conduct excellent research on real-world data. Your results will be published at leading AI conferences, and ultimately shape the future of Bosch products and services.
- Champion your research: Take responsibility for providing strategic and technical competence in high priority AI fields within Bosch (e.g. machine learning /deep learning, robust machine learning, hybrid modeling / physics-based machine learning, embedded AI).
- Engage with the AI community: continually strengthen our network with academia and other top-tier research labs, e.g. via publications, conference attendance, and invited talks.
- Develop the next generation of AI scientists: mentor MSc and PhD students within our extensive internship and PostDoc programs, as well as other researchers across our organization.
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Machine Learning / Statistics
- Broad knowledge of machine learning algorithms and principles, with a deep understanding in at least one specific area of expertise
- Established publication record in machine learning or related field
- Experience with deep learning frameworks, e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow
- Programming proficiency using Python
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)