Automotive Security Intern 1
- 2555 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America with offices in Sunnyvale, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 70 billion euro revenue, 400,000 people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 125 years. Powertrain solutions is one of the Business units located in the research and Technology Center. Our goal is to become the #1 provider of diversified powertrain products and solutions in our three market segments Electric Vehicles (EL), Passenger Cars (PC), and Commercial Vehicles / Off-Road (CV/OR) – from gasoline and diesel injection to electric drives with battery and fuel cell technologies.
Bosch Research and Technology in Pittsburgh has an open position for a motivated student intern to work on a variety of applied cryptography, hardware security, and privacy related projects. This is a unique applied research opportunity to have an impact on a broad range of Bosch’s business. We work in a variety of research projects spanning automotive system security, security in low power distributed systems (sensor, Internet-of-Things), privacy aspects of machine learning applications. Applicants with a history of building secure systems are particularly encouraged to apply.
Ideal candidates for this position should have experience in the following areas:
- Automotive security
- Intrusion detection, reverse engineering
- Familiar with automotive networks and associated protocols (CAN, FlexRay, Automotive Ethernet)
- Strong prgramming capabilities (C/C++, VHDL/Verilog)
- Enrolled in a Ph.D. program in electrical engineering, computer science or closely related field
- Strong interest and experience in building secure systems and having a real world impact.
- Embedded security.
- Applied cryptography
- Fluent in a high-level programming language (e.g., Java, python, etc.)
- Strong publication record or evidence of having created or contributed to innovative solutions (e.g., through patents or patent applications).
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST ROBOTICS (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)