Machine Learning, Security and Privacy Intern
- 2555 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America with offices in Sunnyvale, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 70 billion euro revenue, 400,000 people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 125 years. Powertrain solutions is one of the Business units located in the research and Technology Center. Our goal is to become the #1 provider of diversified powertrain products and solutions in our three market segments Electric Vehicles (EL), Passenger Cars (PC), and Commercial Vehicles / Off-Road (CV/OR) – from gasoline and diesel injection to electric drives with battery and fuel cell technologies.
Bosch Research and Technology in Pittsburgh has an open position for a passionate, strong and experienced researcher intern to work on a variety of applied cryptography, security, and privacy related projects. This is a unique applied research opportunity to have a real impact on Bosch’s business. We work in a variety of research projects spanning automotive system security, privacy for data intensive applications, security in distributed (sensor, Internet-of-Things) systems. Applicants with a history of building secure systems or interested in seeing products from conception all the way to product delivery are particularly encouraged to apply.
Ideal candidates for this position should have experience in the following areas:
- Machine Learning
- Applied cryptography, privacy enhancing technologies
- Fluent in a high-level programming language (e.g., C/C++, Java, python, etc.)
- Enrolled in a Ph.D. program in computer science, electrical engineering or closely related field
- Familiar with secure computation, multi-party computation (e.g., secret sharing, Yao’s Garbled circuits, etc.) techniques is plus
- Strong interest and experience in building secure systems and having a real world impact.
- System Security, network security, trusted computing.
- Federated Learning Techniques
- Strong publication record or evidence of having created or contributed to innovative solutions (e.g., through patents or patent applications).
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST ROBOTICS (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)