Refrigeration Engineer for Heat Pump (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7 - Cacia, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life.
The Bosch unit in Aveiro belongs to the Thermotechnology division and manages the global business unit of residential water. About 1,300 associates are responsible for the development, production and marketing of innovative solutions that make homes smarter, more efficient and environment friendly. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leader in the water heaters market in Europe.
Your contribution to something big
As a Refrigeration Engineer for Heat Pump development, you will be responsible for:
- Development of new technical concepts and solutions for heat pump refrigeration circuits;
- Specification, calculation, design and testing of heat pump components and systems, including:
- Create, review and understand technical specification for the components;
- Analyse customer, product, and safety requirements to derive technical concepts;
- Create test plans, execute and document development tests in accordance with standards and internal requirements;
- Design, document and support implementation of functional test procedures for mass production;
- Issue product technical documentation;
- Participate in product design reviews and FMEA;
- Propose and drive solutions in accordance with function, cost, quality and users’ requirements.
- Quality improvement and optimization of existing heat pump products range;
- Cost reduction of existing appliance platforms;
- Development of innovative functions based on heat pump components and systems.
What distinguishes you
- Master or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineer, Physics Engineering, or similar;
- Knowledge in fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and refrigeration;
- Knowledge in specification, calculation, design and testing of refrigeration and hydraulic components and systems;
- Refrigeration application background is a benefit;
- Knowledge about European standards applicable to refrigerating systems and heat pumps is a benefit;
- Proficiency with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project);
- Proficiency with MATLAB is a plus;
- Proficiency with setting up and performing tests;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to take responsibility for own work and apply own initiative to finding solutions;
- Results oriented and pro-active attitude;
- Good communication skills;
- Problem solving mindset;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Attention to detail.
What we offer you
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking | space for creativity
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!