Mechanical Designer for Superstructure (Heat Pump) (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7 - Cacia, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life.
The Bosch unit in Aveiro belongs to the Thermotechnology division and manages the global business unit of residential water. About 1,300 associates are responsible for the development, production and marketing of innovative solutions that make homes smarter, more efficient and environment friendly. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leader in the water heaters market in Europe.
Your contribution to something big
As part of the superstructure module team, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and releasing product engineering deliverables and specifications such as:
- 3D CAD Models:
- Mechanical structure and fixation solutions;
- Industrial design components: metallic (steel, aluminium, ...), plastic and glass parts;
- Tolerance Analysis (2D, 3D, Statistical).
- 2D CAD Component and Assembly Drawings:
- Generate technical documentation, drawings (2D) for all product components;
- Create the MOS (Material Order Specification);
- Specify materials for product components;
- Apply geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T) taking into account manufacturing processes;
- Create the BOM (Bill of Material) for all assemblies.
- Produce designs that meet targets for feasibility, performance, costs, quality, safety, legislation and timing.
- Make static simulation to compare new solution with predecessor (NASTRAN).
- Participate in Product Engineering tools, product design reviews, FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis), RMS (Risk Management Sheet) and DRBFM (Design Review Based on Failure Mode).
- Define rapid prototyping solutions, in accordance with application, product and quality requirements to be possible validate the solutions.
- Quality improvement and optimization of existing heat pump Superstructure Module components.
- Cost reduction of existing appliance platforms.
What distinguishes you
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering or similar is preferred.
- Experience in the design of structural metallic parts, design plastic parts in industrial environment, preferably using CAD 3D Siemens Unigraphics and NASTRAN (FEA).
- Experience in specification of new components, material selection, tolerance chain calculation.
- Knowledge of materials engineering.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods.
- Knowledge in the design of refrigeration and hydraulic components and systems is valued.
- Knowledge in the product lifecycle management (PLM) software - Teamcenter: Siemens PLM Software.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Able to take responsibility for own work and apply own initiative to finding solutions.
- Results oriented and pro-active attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Problem solving mindset.
- Ability to work with an SCRUM Agile environment or system.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingnes to travel.
What we offer you
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking | space for creativity
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!