Mechanical Design (CAD) Engineer for Heat Pump Hydraulics (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7 - Cacia, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life.
The Bosch unit in Aveiro belongs to the Thermotechnology division and manages the global business unit of residential water. About 1,300 associates are responsible for the development, production and marketing of innovative solutions that make homes smarter, more efficient and environment friendly. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leader in the water heaters market in Europe.
Your contribution to something big
As part of the Hydraulics module team, you will be responsible for developing, releasing and maintaining product engineering deliverables and specifications such as:
- 3D CAD Models:
- Hydraulic components and assemblies;
- Design metallic, plastic, pipping, brass parts;
- Hydraulic concepts for integration in Heat Pump applications.
- Tolerance Analysis (2D, 3D, Statistical).
- 2D CAD Component, Sub-Assembly and Module Assembly Drawings:
- Generate technical documentation, drawings (2D) for all product components;
- Create MOS (Material Order Specification) for applicable parts and materials;
- Specify materials for product components and investigate alternatives for current parts;
- Apply geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T) taking into account manufacturing processes and part function/performance demands;
- Create and maintain BOM (Bill of Materials) for all assemblies.
- Development of designs that meet targets for feasibility, performance, costs, quality, safety, legislation and timing.
- Feasibility analysis of cost / quality effective updates for current products.
- Participate in Product Engineering tools, product design reviews, FMEA, FAM, RMS and DBRFM.
- Define prototyping solutions, in accordance with application and product technical requirements.
- Cost reduction of existing appliance platforms.
- Contribute in the definition of standards for Mechanical CAD topics.
What distinguishes you
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering or similar is preferred.
- Experience in the design of hydraulic components and circuits, including plastic and metallic parts, preferably using CAD 3D Siemens Unigraphics (NX).
- Experience in specification of new components, material selection, producibility, tolerance chain calculation.
- Know-how in the development and process of plastic parts is valued.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, construction and assembly methods.
- Knowledge in the product lifecycle management (PLM) software - Teamcenter: Siemens PLM Software.
- Familiarity with Product Development tools (FMEA, DFMA, FAM) is valued.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Able to take responsibility for own work and apply own initiative to find solutions.
- Results oriented, methodic and pro-active attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Problem solving mindset.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness for international travel.
What we offer you
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking | space for creativity
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!