Quality Engineer (M/F)
- Ovar, Ovar, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems
As a leader in the Internet of Things, Bosch offers innovative solutions for smart homes and cities and connected industry and mobility. 130 years after Robert Bosch founded Bosch with the first low-voltage magnet, 390,000 employees around the world have helped create trends in innovation and connectivity. Bosch is represented in Portugal by three divisions of the Group. Our industrial units are located in Aveiro, Braga and Ovar. From these locations we develop and produce "Invented for life" technology with a purpose: to improve life quality of people through innovative and sparkly products.
In Lisbon is located our headquarters where a specialized team works in the areas of sales, commercial and marketing and shared services of Human Resources for all Europe.
Bosch Security Systems - Sistemas de Segurança, S.A., is focused on developing devices that will shape the smart cities of the future.
As a world leader in technology, services and innovation, Bosch in Ovar is focused on producing innovative solutions for security and communication systems, fire alarms and electronic displays. With around 400 employees, this Bosch unit offers initial and continuing training and opportunities for professional development.
As Quality Engineer you have the master role of surveillance and monitoring the product and process quality during the product lifecycle and service (from project preparation and initiation to serial productio) to make sure both meet the standards specified by the customers, focusing the areas below:
- design quality plans and apply quality tools and methods during industrialization, monitor and report quality results during the project phase, conduct ISIR/PPA/PPAP to ensure compliance with the requirements;
- coordinate or participate in problem solving with structured method and verify the effectiveness, track and handle response to complaints ensuring they are timely and adequate;
- support improvement projects to enhance process performance, product quality or reliability;
- lead and participate in regular quality meetings with the customers;
- monitor product and process quality performance during manufacturing;
- ensure proper use of quality methods and tools in the production phase;
- report KPI / Quality Results to relevant stakeholders.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electronic or Quality Engineering
- 2 years or more of experience;
- Knowledge of quality methods and tools (e.g. Problem solving, Risk Analysis, Capability indicators);
- Knowledge of MS Excel and statistics tecnics;
- Good communication skills and a team player;
- Critical thinking, resilience, organization and customer orientation.