DevOps Engineer (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7 - Cacia, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life.
The Bosch unit in Aveiro belongs to the Thermotechnology division and manages the global business unit of residential water. About 1,300 associates are responsible for the development, production and marketing of innovative solutions that make homes smarter, more efficient and environment friendly. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leader in the water heaters market in Europe.
Bosch is on the way to becoming one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). In the Research and Development Center of Bosch Thermotechnology in Aveiro, more than 200 engineers contribute to making homes and cities more intelligent and efficient by developing solutions for Bosch business units and divisions around the globe. From hardware to software, we have all kinds of opportunities waiting for you.
Your contribution to something big
In our international team, we develop and operate a leading IoT solution for remote diagnosis and control of combined heat and power plants, commercial heating systems and industrial boilers. Our technology improves energy efficiency and availability while reducing service cost for our customers. Future growth areas range from smart grid and condition monitoring up to industry 4.0.
We are currently planning the migration to a new server infrastructure based on Docker and a new DevOps team. As a key member of that team you will:
- Specify and implement the operation concept and processes for server-based IoT backend applications;
- Ensure server availability, performance, backups, and security;
- Handle monitoring incidents and server infrastructure change requests.
What distinguishes you
- Academic degree in Computer Science or related subject;
- Good knowledge of Linux and virtualization technologies (e.g. Container);
- Good knowledge of IT Infrastructure (Cloud and Enterprise) and network technologies with regard to IoT connectivity;
- Experience in operating server applications;
- Experience on server operation and IT security;
- Application know-how in some of the following: MySQL, rabbitMQ, Openfire, ejabberd, Kubernetes, Docker;
- Experience in deployment and test tools like Jenkins, SonarQube, JMeter;
- Goal-oriented, methodical and pragmatic with distinctive problem solving skills;
- Good communication skills and proficiency in English;
- True team member with proactive and dynamic attitude;
- Capability to take over technical leadership.
What we offer you
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking | space for creativity
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!