Group Leader, Connected Mobility Solutions - Engineering Center Cluj-Napoca
- Strada Someșului, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch S.R.L.
Bosch Engineering Center Cluj was founded as an integral part of the Bosch worldwide engineering network in 2013. The Center is located partly in the heart of Cluj-Napoca and partly in Jucu. Our engineers give great importance to continuous innovation and they work on state-of-the-art technology projects. Automated Driving, Electric and Connected Mobility, Internet of Things, Industry 4.0. are just a few examples from the Bosch Engineering Center Cluj’s current portfolio. We work in close collaboration with other Bosch R&D Centers and with Bosch Plant Cluj. We specialize in software engineering, hardware and mechanical engineering, reliability engineering & quality validation, but also in mobility sales planning, thus, we offer our internal and external clients a complex range of products and services.
About the Job:
This is an engineering manager position in a fast-growing, young and dynamic engineering center.
The role is ideally suited for someone who is willing and able to lead a pure software organization, with agile teams made of highly skilled engineers, who work with the latest tools and technologies to provide solutions and services that support the present and the future of mobility.
Broadly speaking, the Connected Mobility Solutions group has two verticals: Cloud Software Solutions and Embedded Software Solutions.The development teams work fully Agile, following a DevOps approach, in a startup-like environment, but inside a well-established company. Our tech stack is mainly based on Java and it also includes: Spring, Angular, Python, SQL and No SQL databases, Docker containers, public and private cloud infrastructures (Azure, AWS, Bosch cloud), as well as Linux for our embedded solutions. We use micro-service architectures to build fast, responsive and scalable solutions.
What you do:
- You will lead the local software development activities in the area of Connected Mobility Solutions;
- You will be the main responsible of your business field, leading multiple software development teams working in an Agile environment;
- You will bring your software development expertise and mindset to enhance our organization, fostering a continuous improvement and continuous learning environment;
- You will be part of the Bosch Global Leadership team and you will be key in reaching our goals;
- You will maintain a close cooperation with our world-wide partners, expanding your professional network within our company and beyond;
- You will manage the business requirements from our stakeholders and make sure that their different needs are being addressed;
- You will figure out the strategic directions, proposing new development directions for future business opportunities;
- You will be responsible for the competence development within the group, providing career progression planning, define the individual targets, establish learning plans, organize trainings, evaluate employees, coach and motivate team members;
- You will do the business planning, own your budget, set, track and controls the costs, together with our financial controlling department;
- You will be responsible for the organization ramp-up and the recruitment related activities;
University degree in computer science, automation, electronics and telecommunications, informatics, mathematics or comparable.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in developing, testing and/or releasing software products;
- At least 2 years of experience in leading medium/large software teams (minimum 15 team members);
- Relevant experience in working in high-performant agile software teams (Scrum Master, or Product Owner represents a plus);
- Strong expertise with agile methodologies, living the agile mindset (Scrum, Kanban, SAF e);
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills;
- Fantastic people management skills;
- Able to create business plans, plan and track costs, forecast business development and drive the organization ramp-up;
- Experience in interviewing and hiring, able to work in a rapidly growing environment;
- Very good communicator, capable to inspire, motivate and lead the people;
- Ability to handle tasks flexibly and good coordination skills;
- Strong analytical ability and problem analysis techniques;
- Willingness to accept responsibility and to stand up for decisions taken;
- Target, process and quality orientation;
- Initiative and entrepreneurial mindset;
- Enjoy working in an international team;
- Social and emotional intelligence;
Proficiency in English is a must;
- 25 days of annual leave, because work-life balance is essential to us;
- Flexible working hours, but if you want to work 5 days per month from somewhere else, feel free, our Home Office program helps you do that;
- Lunch discounts and daily subsidies at our canteen/restaurant;
- Private medical insurance, because your health is a priority to us;
- Flexible benefits - On top of your salary, we offer you a monthly budget via your benefit account, which can be used for several different services;
- Annual performance bonus;
- Internal development Trainings - we have local development programs for Project Managers, Line Managers and Experts;
- Inspiring working conditions.