Optical Test Engineer
- R. Max Grundig, 4705 Braga, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Car Multimedia Portugal
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
The Bosch unit in Braga belongs to the Car Multimedia division and is focused on making the vehicles our third living space. The company supplies infotainment, display, connectivity and HMI solutions for passenger cars, trucks and two-wheelers. About 3,500 associates are committed to develop and produce high quality technology that shape change in mobility worldwide. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leading supplier in the automotive market.
Your contribution to something big:
- Define and implement new optical test processes (in particular the inspection of connectors, OLED and 3D displays) for Bosch Car Multimedia products in production line;
- Search, develop, characterize, and optimize the processes, based on cutting-edge technologies, such as light field imaging, chromatic confocal, and smart cost-effective solution;
- Develop supporting image processing algorithms;
- Evaluate the optical performance of display products in the development phase to derive the meaningful testing criteria and ensure the safe launch of these products in the production line;
- Activities performed within a multidisciplinary team (mechanical, electrical, physics, software and process engineers).
What distinguishes you:
- Outstanding university studies in Optical Physics or Physics Engineering, on Bachelor or Master’s level;
- Ideally, majors in optics, statistics, experimental techniques, display technology;
- Knowledge of optical design and experimental techniques (preferred);
- Experience in image processing to support the analysis of optical setup with cameras (Halcon preferred);
- Good knowledge of English, oral and written;
- Pro-activity, assertiveness and self-responsibility;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | good access to public transports | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!