Ingeniero de Diseño Mecánico
- Av. Robert Bosch 1150 Parque Industrial Rio Bravo, Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, México
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch México, S.A. de C.V.
Bosch was founded in Stuttgart in 1886 by Robert Bosch (1861-1942), and for more than 130 years has distinguished itself by a unique corporate culture, based on solid values that drive us to improve every day. Our products, present in a wide variety of terrains, contribute to improve the quality of life of millions of people.
Mechanical Resident Engineer in the plant, responsible for assigned projects. Responsible for design related problem solving activities, risk assessments, and plant related issues. Work on improvement projects as an extended resource to the VSO (Value Stream Organization) such as scrap reduction, downtime, FOR (fall-out-rate), IDC (internal defect cost) and improvements on line utilization. Responsible to update and release technical package (bill of materials) for regional product variants, according to applicable design guidelines.
Collaborate in simultaneous engineering teams in AE (Automotive Electronics) Manufacturing Plants and development teams in Plymouth (U.S.A.), Europe, Asia and Australia.
General Activities and Duties
- Responsible for design related plant problem solving activities
- Responsible for generating risk assessments through analysis/tests/simulations, for design related plant/supplier issues
- Engineering change management (ECR) to introduce new changes/suppliers.
- When changes arise, assure product robustness focusing on Design for Manufacturability and Design for Reliability
- Define, coordinate, run (if needed) and analyze special product/design tests.
- Participate in Bosch initiatives (5S, Continuous Improvement CIP)
- Enforce Bosch Product Engineering best practices with tools and methods such as DRBFM, FAM (Focus Area Matrix) and design reviews.
- Originate ideas, feasibility and analysis, implementation (ECR):
- DC (Internal Defect Cost)
- FOR (Fall out Rate)
- Cost reduction projects
Series production support activities
- Work in a team with Manufacturing, Quality, and Process Engineering, etc. to proactively resolve production problems and improve assembly processes, reject rates, quality, and cost.
- Risk management and delivery assurance for:
- Supplier related issues and tooling replacement
- Production process deviations
- Customer complaints
- Product validation tests
- Support sourcing team in localization activities with deep product knowledge (supplier development, assess potential suppliers in terms of compliance with design specification, support in release process of local suppliers). Focus on release of: components
- Surface treatment processes
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Electromechanical or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Preferable 2-3 years in similar roles
- Problem Solving
- FMEA knowledge basics
- DRBFM knowledge basics
- GD&T and Drawing interpretations
- Tolerance Stack
- Reliability/statistics basics
- Problem Solving techniques
- SAP knowledge
- Risk Assessment Methodologies
- CAD/CAE basic knowledge
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled