Field Service Technician / Sales
- 2300 City Line Rd, Bethlehem, PA 18017, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Rexroth Corporation
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world’s leading providers of drive and control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth team with the local experience and the appropriate know-how from more than 30 industries and all drive and control technologies. Our associates take on their customers’ challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found. This is what makes Bosch Rexroth a strong, reliable partner for Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering and Factory Automation.
As a working member of Field Service team, the Field Service Technician / Sales associate, under the direction of the Service Director or Manager, will support the growth of IH Service offerings including Repair, Spare Parts, Training and Field Service within the US. General responsibilities include coordination, evaluation and identification of new business with existing and new customers.
- As a representative of Bosch Rexroth, communicate professionally and effectively with customers, employees of the Bosch Group, and/or sub-contractors
- Diagnose and repair, or commission, electro-hydraulic components or systems at customers sites. In addition:
- May be responsible for improvements to system/machine design on site to a limited degree
- Assignments will be both short and long term
- Work may be performed at domestic or international customer facilities
- Prepare detailed field service reports on the computer. Reports will include daily records of work performed, materials used, hours worked, expense account items, etc.
- Work overtime as necessary to complete project
- Provide direct labor support for Bethlehem or Houston Shop as secondary responsibility during peak demand
- Participate in and conduct training for past, existing and new products and technologies within the organization
- Establish/maintain strong relationships with customers and distributors through professional and effective communication and conflict resolution
- Conduct training of customers and distributors as needed
- Develop and implement sales channel and pricing strategies for IH accounts
- Provide IH Service Sales & Business Forecast as required
- Conducting both technical and sales presentations to existing, new and distribution customers/partners
- Perform other essential and related peripheral duties as assigned
- Associates’ Degree in Electronics, Mechatronics or Industrial Automation or in a relevant field plus 5 years of experience in a hydraulic and electronic shop or field service capacity, OR High School Graduate or equivalent plus 7 years of experience in a hydraulic and electronic or field service capacity.
- Sales experience with end users or with channel partners.
- Working knowledge of Industrial hydraulic components, (i.e. Pumps, motors, prop valves, logic valves, accumulators, filters, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Industrial electrical components (i.e. Motors, motor controls, relays, transformers, etc.)
- Ability to interpret and analyze hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Able to travel to domestic and international customer sites with little or no advance notice (approximately 60-70% of the year)
- Ability to work in difficult physical and stressful situations for extended periods.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple assignments.
- Working knowledge of computer, SAP (or similar ERP) and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to learn and operate PC based data acquisition equipment in field service environment.
- Excellent negotiating, interpersonal, organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives.
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology
- AWIM (A World in Motion)