Sales Business Development
- Broadwater Park, N Orbital Rd, Uxbridge, Denham, United Kingdom
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Ltd.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
You will be responsible for creating demand and project leads through business development and early involvement with large end-users, consultants and major influencer groups. You'll be working with Sales District Managers, Business Development Application Design engineers, to drive the specification and design of Bosch solutions across the entire portfolio, ensuring where possible that the opportunity is converted to order.
- Build-up and organize business development activities for the focus sectors
- Generate, follow-up and win project leads in the focus sectors
- Get actively involved in tender specifications of large projects and drive specification of BT solutions to increase likelihood of BT business
- Present, discuss, adjust and follow-up technical and commercial solutions with the end-user & relevant parties
- Actively work with key influencers (end-users, consultants, architects, contractors, government bodies) and act as Key Influencer Manager
- Create, maintain and measure project opportunities and project conversions on the CRM system
- Work with the SI account managers (SDMs) to convert project opportunities to quotes and orders via Bosch’s SI and DI partners
- Plan and organize key influencer events, participate in trade shows/events and government forums
- Work with other Robert Bosch divisions on cross-selling opportunities
- Build, grow and keep updated contacts (people/companies) on the CRM database
- English and Maths O-level/GCSE or equivalent, a Degree in electronics/computing/IT or business related subject is desired
- Have several years’ experience of Business Development of security/PA in: Local authority / public space, Government.
- Good contacts and relationships in the relevant market sectors in the UK.
- Strong knowledge of a number of product technologies:
- IP CCTV & VMS
- Access control
- Professional audio
- Strong Product and application knowledge
- Basic IP networking technical understanding including Excel, PowerPoint, Word (intermediate)
- Ability to work in a matrix organization structure
- Excellent persuasion skills
- Customer focused, with the ability to build trust
- Drive, initiative, creativity and efficient at multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Team player
- Strong written and verbal skills (English)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good sense of humour
- Ability/willingness to travel, mainly in the UK and occasionally overseas (Europe)
- Driving licence required