Embedded Software Engineer
- Torenallee, Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems B.V.
Department: Image Processing cluster
Location: Eindhoven (NL)
The Bosch department Security Systems located in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, develops digital camera technology and platforms for the global Bosch Security portfolio. The R&D department of Video Systems is responsible for the development of high end digital IP cameras for security applications. This includes electronics, mechanics, optics, software and algorithms. Within this R&D department the Image Processing cluster is responsible for the embedded firmware running image processing and device control algorithms, requiring an ever increasing amount of intelligence and integration in larger scale smart systems.
For the Image Processing cluster, we are currently looking for an Embedded Software Engineer.
Would you like to contribute to various stages of engineering firmware for our high quality cameras and do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? In your day-to-day activities you will contribute to the safety of people through our digital camera technology. You will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining embedded software components on state-of-the-art hardware and software platforms;
- ensuring software quality by design, unit testing and integration testing;
- peer reviewing the code of fellow team members (four eyes principle);
- becoming an expert in specific areas, in line with your talents, interests and the requirements of the R&D roadmap;
- implementing your innovative ideas;
- contributing to successful firmware releases of a large family of camera products, across multiple platforms;
- meeting project deadlines.
Bosch is looking for a strong Embedded Software engineer to contribute to a safer environment. As we are working on stretching the boundaries of technology, you are doing your part in creating the right firmware for our cameras. For this position, you are meeting the following requirements;
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Embedded systems, Electrical Engineering or Physics;
- several years of proven experience in software development for embedded devices or systems
- knowledge and understanding of object oriented software concepts;
- good proficiency in programming C++;
- you are familiar with writing and debugging software which is directly controlling hardware devices;
- experience with Linux and/or Android system development is a big plus;
- experience working in an Agile environment is a plus;
- showing an active interest in video and/or imaging is a plus;
- you have a professional proficiency of the English language.
At Bosch we provide fundaments for the future and we want to build a long-term and successful relationship with our employees. We provide a competitive salary and with our additional benefits we will help you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We encourage you to share your innovative ideas and contribute to personal growth. At Bosch we value mutual commitment and reward outstanding performance.
We prefer your application to be accompanied by a motivation letter indicating why you are interested in Bosch, the position and why you are the best suitable candidate for the position.
Please apply via the link on this page. If you have any questions regarding the position or the application process, please contact Judith Hermanns-Jacobs, Corporate Recruiter, via [email protected]