Research and Development Mixed Signal Hardware Design Engineer for Machine Learning Accelerators
- 384 Santa Trinita Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Group operates in most countries in the world. With over 400,000 associates, a career at Bosch offers a chance to grow an exceptional career in an environment that values diversity, initiative, and a drive for results. If you are interested in working on the cutting-edge of technology, working at Bosch Research is the place for you!
We are committed to quality at Bosch. Our environment celebrates diversity and promotes career progression. We seek highly skilled, creative, results-oriented people who can look at technology from a new perspective and provide surprising insight. We are looking for candidates who want to shape and drive innovation at Bosch.
In this position, you will be involved in the development of mixed signal based machine learning accelerators for next generation smart consumer sensor systems, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), and autonomous driving (AD) systems. As part of this work the applicant will have the opportunity to work with a motivated team conducting cutting edge research as well as the development of next generation products/systems.
- Develop novel IC based solutions for smart consumer sensors, and next generation smart ADAS products/systems.
- Design of mixed-signal based machine learning accelerators optimized for consumer and ADAS sensors.
- Responsible for all stages development from system concept, to ASIC design, layout and test.
- Conduct research on topics/concepts in mixed signal hardware development for machine learning.
- Champion new ideas driving them from initial concept to implementation.
- Participate in joint research with universities is encouraged.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years experience in ASIC level design of mixed signal ASICs for embedded machine learning applications. Demostrated expertise in the design of machine learning ASICs from architecture to transistor level. Experience in the development of mixed signal based convolutional networks.
- 2+ years experience with ML design tools such as TensorFlow, PyTorch etc. developing and training hardware aware deep learning models using such frameworks.
- 2+ years experience with IC and design Software and Simulation Tools and Behavioral modeling tools such as MATLAB/Simulink and Cadence VerilogA. IC design and verification software, e.g. Cadence Composer, Cadence Virtuoso, Cadence Spectre, Virtuoso AMS, Mentor Calibre, Cadence Assura, Skill language.
- Excellent publication and patent record in the areas of Mixed Signal / Analog IC Design and or Machine Learning
- PhD specialization and or work experience in development of ASICS for mixed-signal machine learning accelerators. Specifically in-memory based hardware accelerator development
- Experience with precision mixed-signal analog circuit design.
- Proven development experience of mixed signal ICs. From system level to transistor level implementation to successful demonstration/delivery of working silicon.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.