Senior Product Compliance Engineer
- 130 Perinton Pkwy, Fairport, NY 14450, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
Bosch Security Systems is a leading global supplier of security, safety, and communications products and systems. Protecting lives, buildings and assets is the major aim. The product portfolio includes video surveillance, intrusion detection, fire detection and voice evacuation systems as well as access control and management systems. Professional audio and conference systems for communication of voice, sound and music complete the range.
Fairport, NY is the headquarters for the Bosch Security Systems sales organization in the United States and serves as the primary site for research and development, engineering, quality and product management for intrusion detection systems, including state-of-the-art sensors, control panels, communicators and more.
The Regulatory Compliance Engineer will contribute to Bosch’s aim of making our products compatible and compliant to environmental and other regulatory requirements throughout their complete life cycle. This goal will be accomplished, by providing functional support and guidance, related to legal and customer driven requirements, to cross-functional product development teams. This role will coordinate efforts to monitor regulations across our global markets, educate development teams on emerging regulatory trends, and facilitate the measurement and evaluation of regulatory objectives established at the onset of a product development project.
This role plays a critical function in a highly collaborative, local Engineering organization; this position must sit in the Fairport, NY office (not remotely based).
Requirements elicitation and tracking
- Research global regulations relevant to our products
- Track impending regulatory changes and implementation dates and communicate to product development teams
- Participate on regulatory committees representing Bosch Security Systems and shaping global requirements
- Provide technical guidance to development teams on regulatory requirements impacting design decisions
- Mentor less technical staff to develop their knowledge of regulatory requirements, and state of the art expectations
- Facilitate the development of life cycle models for product development projects
- Drive objective evaluation of product compliance
Associate's degree in Environmental, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required; Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
We are looking for someone who meets these minimum requirements;
- 5-8 years of applicable regulatory experience, preferably supporting a product development environment.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively lead regulatory matters impacting products in a product development / project management capacity.
- You bring a basic understanding of mechanical and electronic design & manufacturing principals
- Ability to communicate complex technical and legal content in simple, layperson terms
- Solid negotiation skills
- Superior organization skills
- Effective prioritization and decision making skills
- Occasional domestic and international travel and ability to work across global time zones
- Must possess a positive, can-do attitude and be an excellent team player.
Ideally, you also bring
- Experience with Product Life Cycle Assessments
- Knowledge of UL, EN, CE, EMC, RoHS and REACH, standards and hazardous environmental materials.
- Experience facilitating workshops or group discussions
To be successful in this position individual must have a high level of self-motivation, a drive for self-development and possess good reading comprehension, communication and leadership skills.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)