IT Support Summer Intern (Bethlehem)
- 2300 City Line Rd, Bethlehem, PA 18017, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The IT Support Intern at Bosch is responsible for providing Tier 2 support for facility computer systems, computers, and peripherals. You will be installing, diagnosing, maintaining, and upgrading/replacing hardware to ensure optimal performance for your end-users while also providing basic consulting for technology related topics. The most important part of your job will be to provide technical solutions, that improve efficiency according to the business need. Additionally, must be able to troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, making sure your customers are up and running smoothly with minimal interruptions. Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Consulting of internal customers by translating business requirements into technical solutions.
- Quickly responding to incidents/requests, status changes and asset management requests
- Working with your customers to provide training and support across a variety of devices
- Analyzing, diagnosing and resolving device issues for your customers
Required Skill Set
- Familiar with IT Desktop support concepts
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong Organizational skills with ability to efficiently prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressured environment
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC hardware, VoIP, and mobile devices with hands on troubleshooting experience.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural/process documentation.
- Strong ability to research and investigate basic / complex IT related topics.
Preferred Additional Skills
- Familiar with IoT, Connected Industry, and Big Data Concepts.
- Possess effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Be able to present complex technical ideas in user-friendly language
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong customer-service awareness/orientation
To qualify for Bosch’s Domestic Internship Program, you must:
- Be a full-time student or recent graduate (<6 months) at an accredited university
- Maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA in a degreed program
- Not now or in the future require sponsorship