Design Engineer - Senior
- 14001 S Lakes Dr, Charlotte, NC 28273, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Rexroth Corporation
The Drive and Control Technology Division in North America develops internationally leading products, systems and services for machine tool and factory automation applications.
Bosch Rexroth is the world leader in the drive, motion and control technologies that power today’s most advanced manufacturing systems. We combine a passion for solving complex engineering challenges with unmatched applications expertise across a broad range of industries. Our proven machine and automation products equip you to operate platforms engineered to the highest levels of energy efficiency, productivity, flexibility and long-term value.
- Create innovative designs in a fast-paced environment focused on serving customers in growing, high technology industries.
- Electromechanical design of customer specific sub-assemblies, systems, product enhancements and new catalog products.
- Lead and manage cross-functional New Product Development projects for electromechanical subassemblies, systems and product enhancements for Bosch Rexroth Mechatronics Products.
- Create new designs from concept to prototype to serial production utilizing CREO 3D CAD software.
- Design, specify, procure and build Engineering test fixtures. Perform and manage performance and reliability testing, collecting and analyzing data.
- Create and manage Bills of Material and execute Engineering Changes as necessary.
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments including Manufacturing, Sales, Product Management, Purchasing, Quality and Logistics to execute project through to completion.
- Interact with external customers to establish specifications, collaborate to create designs and verify customer driven performance objectives.
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME, BSET, or equivalent). MSME a plus.
- Experience developing new products for mature, competitive, industrial markets
- 10+ years of experience designing electromechanical products for low to medium volume serial production
- Experience using 3D CAD to create mechanical designs – CREO/PDM preferred, experience with other major 3D CAD systems is minimum requirement.
- Experience Managing Projects Cross-functionally in a manufacturing environment. PMP certification – desired but not required.
- Experience with Tolerance analysis and GD&T.
- Experience with Engineering calculations including force, kinematics and dynamic loading of mechanical components and systems.
- Experience designing components to be manufactured by a variety of processes including CNC machining, sand and die casting, sheet metal and plastics.
- Good communication skills, able to work across a broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholders – Customers, Distributors, Sales, Engineering and Operations
- Experience designing, specifying and/or implementing Linear Motion technologies, including Ball Screws, Linear Bearings, Linear Motors, Linear motion modules, and electromechanical drive systems.
- Experience designing, specifying and/or implementing Automated Conveying systems for Factory Automation, including belt, gear and chain drives.
- Experience with Finite Element analysis for stress, deflection and heat transfer applications.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives:
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.