Digital Backend Engineer
- Via Marco Antonio Colonna, 20149 Milano MI, Italy
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch S.p.a Società Unipersonale
Bosch Sensortec develops and markets key technologies in consumer electronics – micro-electro-mechanical sensors (MEMS), solutions and systems for smartphone applications, tablets, video game consoles, wearables, and the Internet of things. The sensors enable devices to recognize their surroundings and to transmit the data collected. MEMS are therefore part of the foundation for a networked world. Bosch Sensortec is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch.
We believe that a successful business can only be built on competent and highly motivated employees. A successful company offers an in-demand technology at the right time and is able to position itself accordingly in the market. Our goals are customer- and market-driven. The key for us is to have the right employees – our success is built on them!
Be part of our dynamic, highly-motivated, international diverse team that share our passion for technology and the Consumer Electronics market.
What will you take care of?
You will be working in the Milan Design Center of Bosch Sensortec, as Digital Backend Engineer: RTL synthesis to GDSII, where you will have the chance to:
• Create something new: development of internal back-end flow, definition of the physical constraints of implemented block
• Help to shape the future: Floorplan construction, logic placement, clock tree synthesis
• Implement it holistically: Engineering Change Orders (ECO) implementation
• Deploy Reliably: timing optimization and STA, physical verification (DRC, ERC, LVS, Antenna), Power consumption and IR drop analysis.
• Communicate in a network: update and correction of timing constraints, provide feedabck to designers. Communication with EDA and tool vendors to fix bugs and suggest enhancement.
What distinguishes you?
- Education: University degree (M. Sc.) in Electronic Engineering or Microelectronics or analogue.
- Languages: Fluent English (B2 as minimum level), German as a plus.
- Experience and know-how: knowledge on semiconductor physics and manufacturing technologies, familiarity with ASIC test methodology and knowledge of techniques such as scan insertion, memory BIST and test pattern generation, experience with multilevel domain digital design (UPF flow), knowledge of TCL and Python Scripting. Hands-on knowledge of the entire P&R methodology - including floor-planning, power planning, clock tree synthesis, MCMM timing closure, routing, DFM techniques and physical verification. Experience with digital EDA tools (e.g. DC/FM/PT/ICC/ICC2). Hand-on experience in Power and Signal Integrity analysis. Basic knowledge of front-end design methodology including basic RTL coding, synthesis and timing constraints generation, multiple clock domain handling, low power techniques. Good understanding of issues with RC delay, electromigration, self-heating and cross capacitance.
- Personality: Willingness to work and interact in international teams. Self-motivated, excellent communication skills and team spirit.