Technical Functions Expert (Product and Test Specialist)
- Ave Robert Bosch 1150, Cd Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Sistemas Automotrices, S.A. de C.V.
Bosch was founded in Stuttgart in 1886 by Robert Bosch (1861-1942) and for more than 130 years has been distinguished by a unique corporate culture based on solid values that drive us to improve every day. Our products, present in a wide variety of fields, that contribute to improve the quality of life of millions of people.
- Responsible to lead engineers in the Plant with strong technical support, also guiding hand for process standards. Central reference for process definitions.
- Technical voice of Juarez plant to the Bosch World Wide Competence Network; close contact to international competence centers (CoC)
- Responsible for Divisional Manufacturing Directives (DMD) implementation and audits.
- Evaluate the feasibility of the production of new products in Juárez plant in international cross functional teams.
- Propose low cost manufacturing solutions within the plant environment and develop cost estimations.
- Develop and discuss concept proposals with different levels of management within the plant as well as partners from other business units, development departments and other manufacturing locations.
- Continuously strive for and recognize ratio potential and improvement options in a project
- Understand the sources for cost of manufacturing and actively work on technical concepts to efficiently reduce production cost.
- Ensure understandable technical specification and documentation containing all necessary information necessary for stable production conditions.
- Confirm processes and standards regularly
- Actively and anticipatorily manage project and process risks.
- Keep continuous close contact to all relevant departments in the production network and development even beyond the scope of ongoing projects.
- Organize and actively participate in meetings with global experts
- Contribute well based technical information from within Bosch as well as outside sources for the plants strategic setup.
- Define Standards and keep processes standardized over the value streams of the plant. Regularly confirm standards in the production lines.
- Continuously increase process stability in the production lines
- Provide all necessary technical information about processes to the value stream engineer
- Define technical competence requirement for all other technical functions working on the process (operators, technicians, process engineers and related functions)
- Provide / Organize process trainings for value stream engineers.
- Coach process engineers in value streams in complex problem solving processes and contribute know how where necessary.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge on instrumentation equipment: Oscilloscope, multimeter, frequency analyzer, counters, DSP cards, DATA Acquisition, Test stand, Lab view, Test sequencer. Virtual Instrumentation
- Full knowledge on electronics: Analog: Electrical circuits, Semiconductors, Power device. Digital: A/D, D/A, DSP, Logic circuits, ram, rom, flash memory programmers. Communication Protocols: CAN, I2C, and Serial asynchronous and synchronous.
- Good knowledge and handling of Methodologies for Coaching and Training to others
- Booklet 10 (MSA measuring capability system)
- Test List Specification interpretation
- ECU & Product operation and anaysis knowledge
- Full knowledge in Bosch Electrical Testing system CCS (Common Core System):
o Measuring & Diagnostic components (Multimeter, Arbitrary generator, Universal Trigger, Digitizer)
o Stimulation, Switching Matrix & Loads CCS Cards
o Serial Communication modules (SKM, SCI)
o Programming and Flash modules
o Specific electronic modules and loads for ECU operation
o Gaudi test list creation and interpretation
o MWS user and results data analysis skills
o Log files interpretation
- Knowledge in Keysight TS5400 Test Systems
- Handling and programming Scanners: Data logic, Cognex, Keyence.
- High and low level programing skills: PC programing C++, C Sharp and related, oriented to object programming, Visual Basic, VEE, PLCs.
- Computer Network skills
- Database programing and setup.
- Knowledge in pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Cyber Security concept
- MES and Traceability concepts
- Full knowledge in Problem Solving analysis methodologies
- Schematics and electrical diagrams interpretation
Bosch is constantly expanding its international presence, since for us cultural diversity represents one of our greatest strengths. We are continuously promoting the growth of our more than 13,000 associates, who develop their full potential in one of the highest quality companies in technology. We value the balance between personal and work life as one of the main tools to improve the creativity and productivity of our associates.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.