Calibration Support Intern - SCR
- Millburn Hill Rd, Coventry CV4, UK
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Ltd.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Success Stories don't just happen. They are made.
Please note this is a 12 month placement starting in August 2020 open to undergraduates.
You would be working within Application Calibration Department of Powertrain Systems based in the Science Park next to University of Warwick.
The department supports the application, calibration, and development activities for Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) functions of automotive components used by Jaguar Land Rover (JLR).The placement involves close liaison with the customer and will utilise the technical support of Bosch associates and manufacturing facilities throughout the world.
The successful applicant will work as a member of the SCR Application Calibration team with a diverse range of responsibilities, which will include the opportunity for visits to the customer in the UK. Additionally, there will be the chance for autonomous and creative working, and the opportunity to learn many application and calibration tools. The placement will also provide the opportunity of gaining an insight into the operation of a global automotive systems supplier and an insight as to how it interfaces with vehicle / engine manufacturers.
- Support Calibration Engineers to perform testing in vehicles and rig.
- Support detailed analysis and simulation of measurement data, using the latest tools
- Support documentation/reporting of results and processes.
- Engineering undergraduate
- Have clear written and oral English skills
- Be proficient in MS Office applications, in particular Excel and Power Point
- Eager to learn new skills, ability to multi-task, and be a team player
- Be very professional and a good communicator
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Have an interest/understanding of powertrain systems
- Basic understanding of control systems an advantage
- Driving licence
Please note that we would like you to start in August 2020 for a 12 month Internship. This position is open to undergraduates who are required to partake in a work placement as part of their degree course.
Before applying for this vacancy you must inform your Faculty/School Placement Officer. If your Faculty/School does not have a Placement Officer, you must inform your Course Tutor.