Electrical Engineering Internship (RT) - Summer 2020
- 1800 W Central Rd, Mt Prospect, IL 60056, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
At Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, we know that every career matters. Which is why you should conduct yours on a grand scale. Headquartered in the northwest Chicago suburb of Mount Prospect, we are a $990 million division of Bosch, a multinational engineering and electronics organization and the largest privately held employer in the world.
Guided by the principles of founder Robert Bosch, we offer a setting where social and environmental responsibility are part of our corporate DNA. Always mindful of our impact on the future, we are committed to sustainability, paying it forward, giving back, and lifelong learning. These are but a few of the reasons why our parent company has more than 390,000 associates and a legacy of success spanning 130 years.
As one of the world’s top 25 patent-earning companies, we average approximately eight per day.
Our Mount Prospect location offers engaging opportunities for engineering and technology professionals to support our renowned brands of handheld power tools. As a leading global technology and services supplier committed to innovative R&D, we’ll empower you to explore many established and emerging areas of expertise. These include mechanical and electrical engineering for product design and testing; 3-D digital fabrication; the Internet of things (IoT); software development; chat bots and cognitive computing; robotics; and IT project management.
This is your chance to go big. Go bold. And develop products that enhance the quality of life, with Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
Electrical Engineering Intern
The electrical engineering intern will work directly with project teams
developing new power tool and digital fabrication products. The location
of the position is the North American headquarters for product development for
the Dremel brand. Cross functional teams work together to design,
develop, and test new products while supporting each other in market research activities. The electrical engineering intern will work as part of the engineering and product to team to design, prototype, and perform validation testing on new electronic designs. This person will work closely with both mechanical and electrical engineering teams during the development process.
- Embedded(MCU) experience – could be substituted by Arduino or similar
- PCB layout
- Motor knowledge of AC and DC motors
- Bluetooth connectivity experience is a plus
- Breadboarding given a schematic and list of components
- Solder skills – assembly and rework
- Basic test equipment (e.g. oscilloscope) skills
- AC and DC circuit analysis
- Comfortable assembling prototypes
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Posting only open to students who will not now, nor in the future require sponsorship to work in the United States
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and a drug screen
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be enrolled in accredited academic program
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
· FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
· AWIM (A World In Motion)
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.