Senior Full-Stack Java Engineer (for the marketplace) at Bosch IoT Start-up
- Oskar-von-Miller-Ring, 80333 München, Germany
- Legal Entity: Security and Safety Things GmbH
The Security and Safety Things GmbH, located in Munich, is an IoT start-up fully funded by Bosch. We are engineers at heart and pioneers by design. We are leading the change in the security technology space by building an open IoT platform and ecosystem. Our team benefits from a state-of-the-art Tech Stack, an inspiring working environment with a lot of creative freedom, and additionally from our worldwide network, inside and outside of the Bosch Group.
The Security and Safety Things GmbH is looking forward to your application!
The Store and the Developer Console are based on a shared back-end that is based on Hybris. Together the Store and the Developer Console form a Marketplace solution for our Ecosystem. The store allows security companies to purchase apps that will be install in the cameras that are part of our Ecosystem. The Developer Console is a web platform where App Developer companies can upload apps based on our OS, make them available to purchase, check payouts status, verify possible crash occurrences on their apps and more.
As a Java Engineer you manage the system to work behind the scenes. You integrate the application with all required systems and services and provide clean and easy to use APIs for the front-end part of the system. You are responsible for the application functionality, performance and scalability as well as the following tasks:
- Designing and developing the business logic and back-end systems of the product
- Working closely with front-end developers to design and develop functional, performing and complete APIs
- Decoding existing companies software systems and being able to hook in application to applicable data sources
- Writing both unit and integration tests, and developing automation tools for daily tasks
- Developing high quality, well documented, and efficient codes
- Challenging ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Personality: You are passionate about technology and excited about the impact of disruptive technologies. You are characterized as a person with strong problem solving skills.
- Working practice: Your working style could be described as collaborative, autonomous, proactive and structured.
- Languages: Excellent English skills are required
- Education: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant experience through another degree/ work experience
We want you here for the long haul, so your career goals are important to us. At Security and Safety Things, you will:
- Grow and work with the best people — We all learn and grow every single day because we are solving some pretty complicated challenges surrounded by phenomenal colleagues.
- Make the world a safer place — Joining a venture that is revolutionizing the security of buildings, roads and public spaces by developing an open infrastructure for sensors with an ecosystem of leading software, service and hardware partners.
- Work an exciting job in a fully funded start-up — Enter at the discovery and strategy stage of a financially stable start-up, with a long-term product and people vision and help us grow the company.
- Have a positive societal impact — We as part of the Bosch Group are motivated by our values and take great pride in a social responsibility
- Have fun at work! — Our teams love to have fun and so will you
Last but not least: Munich is regularly voted the city with the highest quality of living — and our offices are right in the center of it all.
Contact HR Department