Senior Java Developer (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7 - Cacia, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
The Bosch unit in Aveiro belongs to the Thermotechnology division and manages the global business unit of residential water. About 1,300 associates are responsible for the development, production and marketing of innovative solutions that make homes smarter, more efficient and environment friendly. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leader in the water heaters market in Europe.
Bosch is on the way to becoming one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). In the Research and Development Center of Bosch Thermotechnology in Aveiro, more than 200 engineers contribute to making homes and cities more intelligent and efficient by developing solutions for Bosch business units and divisions around the globe. From hardware to software, we have all kinds of opportunities waiting for you.
Your contribution to something big
- Development of IoT backend services, including the definition, development, testing and maintenance of applications, and ensuring respective high performance, low latency, responsiveness, availability and scalability;
- Development of services focused on data-driven use cases towards extracting value from data, for instance through the integration/application of data science methodologies and/or providing value in building analytics dashboards;
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle, from requirements engineering to technical planning, implementation and maintenance;
- Write well designed testable and efficient code, as well as clear and efficient documentation;
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting them for architecture reviews;
- Implementation of security and data protection concepts.
What distinguishes you
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar;
- 3 years of experience in similar functions;
- Experience as Java software developer (JavaEE, Spring), infrastructure, deployment and monitoring (Docker);
- Good knowledge of event driven programming, relation and non-relational databases, unit, integration and load testing and build tools;
- Background in Data Engineering or Data Science (e.g., machine learning, data processing) and Big Data (e.g., NoSQL databases) processing pipelines and topics is a plus;
- Live the DevOps culture in continuous search for higher development efficiency from conception to deployment;
- Practical experiences in agile software development;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work in an international team environment;
- Team player for efficient collaborative working style;
- Ability to take responsibility for own work and apply own initiative to find solutions;
- Pro-active, dynamic and responsible attitude;
- Willingness to travel;
- Fluent in English.
What we offer you
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking lot | space for creativity
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!