Backend Developer (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7 - Cacia, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
The Bosch unit in Aveiro belongs to the Thermotechnology division and manages the global business unit of residential water. About 1,300 associates are responsible for the development, production and marketing of innovative solutions that make homes smarter, more efficient and environment friendly. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leader in the water heaters market in Europe.
Bosch is on the way to becoming one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). In the Research and Development Center of Bosch Thermotechnology in Aveiro, more than 200 engineers contribute to making homes and cities more intelligent and efficient by developing solutions for Bosch business units and divisions around the globe. From hardware to software, we have all kinds of opportunities waiting for you.
Your contribution to something big
In our international team, we develop a leading IoT solution for remote diagnosis and control of combined heat and power plants, commercial heating systems and industrial boilers.
Our technology improves energy efficiency and availability while reducing service cost for our customers. Future growth areas range from smart grid and condition monitoring up to industry 4.0.
As a key member of our backend team you will:
- Design and implement Java backend services including REST APIs, business logic and persistence;
- Support server administration:
- Continuous Integration using container orchestration and Jenkins
- Linux configuration including IP Tables using automated scripts
- Installation, configuration and patching of applications (Nginx, OpenVPN, PostgreSQL, ...)
- Help introducing new technologies like micro services, big data, and analytics solutions;
What distinguishes you
- Degree in Computer Science or related subject;
- Proficiency in Java, Spring, SQL, REST, Linux;
- Optional experience in DevOps tools like Ansible, Maven, Jenkins;
- Optional competencies in Docker, Nginx, Jetty, IT security;
- Goal-oriented, methodical and pragmatic with good problem solving skills;
- Good communication skills and proficiency in English.
What we offer you
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking lot
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!