Professional Internship: UX/UI Designer (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7 - Cacia, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers that create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
Bosch is on the way to becoming one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). In the Research and Development Center in Aveiro, more than 200 engineers contribute to making homes, cities and vehicles more intelligent and efficient by developing solutions for Bosch business units and divisions around the globe. From hardware to software, we have all kinds of opportunities waiting for you.
The AA division with more than 18,000 associates in 150 countries has a global logistics network that ensures that some 650,000 different aftermarket products and solutions reach customers quickly and on time. In addition, the division is responsible for the “Bosch Car Service” workshop concept, one of the world’s largest independent chains of workshop concepts, with 16,500 workshops.
In its “Automotive Service Solutions” sector, AA supplies modern vehicle diagnostic software, testing and repair-shop technology, service trainings, and information services that are being developed in interdisciplinary teams with agile methods. The divisions’ success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how, creating tailor-made solutions to address the service needs of new-generation, electronically controlled vehicles and connected vehicle solutions.
Your contribution to something big
- UI/UX designer core responsibilities include gathering user and business requirements, designing graphic elements, working from user flows to wire-frames and final visual designs of the solutions, and testing them;
- Conduct analysis with clients and users in order to discover “requested features” through iterations and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions;
- Explore multiple solutions for a problem and explore the advantages/ disadvantages of the different solutions and approaches;
- Produce, deliver and present solutions with a clear flow allowing the transmission of ideas through text and/or diagrams, storyboards, process flows and sitemaps;
- Design graphic user interface elements;
- Prepare and conduct user testing to access the usability of a particular design solution, whether using mockups/prototypes or developed functionality;
- Produce conceptual low-fi prototypes and high-fidelity realistic prototypes;
- Produce technical specifications about the UX requirements such as Structure, Navigation, Behaviour and controls properties, content labels and others;
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand their business goals and objectives, and prepare and present from rough drafts to ready designs to internal teams and key stakeholders;
- Optimize existing user interface designs. Identify and troubleshoot UX problems;
- Adhere to style-guides and internal standards.
What distinguishes you
- Design, Computer Science or relevant field education with experience in UI/UX role;
- Knowledge and application of the standards (Design principles and Usability Heuristics) that are used to ensure quality in its tasks;
- Familiar with user interface patterns and Interaction design best practices;
- Familiar with Agile development methodology - namely scrum (highly desirable), terminology, objectives, processes;
- Experience with up to date tools for wireframing, prototyping, visual design, animations (such as Sketch, Invision, Illustrator, Axure, Abstract, After Effects);
- Knowledge in CSS3 and HTML5 is desirable (nice to have);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders;
- Ability to discuss and explain design options;
- Good time-management skills;
- Critical thinker with focus on problem solving and customer-centered;
- Detail driven.
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking lot | space for creativity
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!