Project Management Intern
- Millburn Hill Rd, Coventry CV4, UK
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Ltd.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Please note this is a 12 month placement starting end of July 2020 open to undergraduates.
Robert Bosch Ltd is offering a 2nd or 3rd year student the opportunity to work within the Powertrain Sales Department of the Original Equipment Division on a 12-month internship scheme commencing end of July 2020. The position is located in our BWTC office, situated in the Science Park next to the University of Warwick.
The placement involves working closely with the Launch & Validation Team to ensure new engine and vehicles fitted with Bosch products have a flawless launch. Working within the Bosch project management landscape, you will be involved with ensuring the latest automotive powertrain technology is validated and launched successfully in line with project quality gates.
The placement will provide the opportunity of gaining insight into the operation of global automotive systems supplier and an insight as to how it interfaces with vehicle/engine manufacturers. There will be close cooperation with Bosch sales, engineering, production, logistics, project management, quality and warranty departments.The successful applicant will work as a member of a team with a diverse range of responsibilities which may include the opportunity for visits to the customer in the UK.
Success Stories don't just happen. They are made.
Your contribution to something big
- Project Management activities to ensure Bosch powertrain products within JLR engine and vehicle applications are validated.
- Launch Management activities to ensure new JLR engine and vehicles fitted with Bosch powertrain products have a flawless launch.
- Investigation into engineering/quality issues with development teams to ensure the root cause is identified and that the corrective action(s) are applied.
- Visiting plants to support launch activities (i.e. part handling analysis).
- Contributing to the launch and validation milestones with planning validation and launch activities.
- Working with the Sales Team on various commercial topics.
- Leading and presenting customer meetings
What distinguishes you
- Engineering undergraduate.
- Have an interest in automotive engineering and manufacturing.
- Have consideration for the project management and business aspects of engineering projects.
- Be proficient in MS Office applications, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Driving licence
- Self starter and self motivated.
- Have clear written and oral English skills.
- Be very professional and a good communicator.
Please note that we would like you to start end of July 2020 for a 12-month Internship. This position is open to undergraduates who are required to partake in a work placement as part of their degree course.
Before applying for this vacancy you must inform your Faculty/School Placement Officer. If your Faculty/School does not have a Placement Officer, you must inform your Course Tutor.