Sr. Project Engineer
- 3021 Miller Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, USA
- Legal Entity: ETAS Inc.
ETAS provides innovative solutions for the development of embedded systems for the automotive industry and other sectors of the embedded industry. Embedded security solutions are offered by the ETAS subsidiary ESCRYPT. Established in 1994, ETAS GmbH is a 100-percent subsidiary of the Bosch Group, with international offices in Europe, North and South America, and Asia.
At ETAS, we look for motivated individuals with initiative and drive. We offer superb benefits that extend beyond our excellent compensation package and bonus plan. ETAS values the balance between personal and professional growth and company interests. If you are interested in working in a highly technical, fast-paced and fun environment, we'd like to hear from you! Welcome to ETAS!
The Sr. Project Engineer will be onsite at customer location supporting software and hardware integration necessary to support the use of the ETAS tool chain. To include but not limited to:
- Lead, consult, specify and execute ECU tools-related system integration engineering projects to enhance the customers ECU development processes.
- Acquire and maintain an expert level knowledge of ETAS products and customer processes and applications, with a focus on ECU instrumentation (test benches, measurement, and calibration, rapid prototyping, and debug tools) in order to execute and support engineering service projects or customers.
- Lead and manage technical customer communication and interaction on ECU tools-related system integration projects including providing technical presentations, managing critical customer issues, and tracking open/closed action items.
- Support the growth of ETAS' ETK Integration Services team through the identification and/or definition of both internal processes and new business/service opportunities.
- Provide customer training and assist other ETAS engineers with applications know-how.
- BS degree in EE, CE, CS, or ME
- 2+ years of experience with engineering services projects, including project management, estimations, reporting, and working with team members to fulfill customer expectations and project deliverables.
- 3+ years of experience of embedded control systems - hardware and/or software - and associated development tools. This includes hands-on knowledge of vehicle electronics, vehicle communication buses and protocols (e.g., CAN, FlexRay, CCP, XCP, UDS), electrical systems, compilers, and the ability to specify instrumentation tool interface requirements based on microcontroller/ECU specifications.
- MS in EE, CE, CS, or ME
- Experience with ETAS Hardware and Sortware products.
- Electronic circuit design, embedded software development and testing, and system integration and debug experience a plus.
- Strong customer relationship management skills. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills are required, especially related to customer interaction and internal cross-functional teamwork.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and tasks.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
ETAS is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.