Embedded Machine Learning Intern for Sensors and Edge Devices
- 384 Santa Trinita Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America with offices in Palo Alto, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 70 billion euro revenue, 400,000 people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 125 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is committed to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch business fields primarily in the areas of Human Machine Interaction (HMI), Robotics, Energy Technologies, Internet Technologies, Circuit Design, Semiconductors and Wireless, and MEMS Advanced Design.
The Bosch Research and Technology Center focuses on the following topics: ASIC design and microsensor system technology; energy conversion and energy storage technologies, modeling simulation and controls; wireless technologies; internet technologies; algorithms for robotics, autonomous systems and data mining; and user interaction technologies. By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
The Microsensor System Technologies Group at the Robert Bosch – Research and Technology Center (RTC) in Palo Alto focuses on solving key challenges that will lead to the next generation of MEMS sensor devices. Strong collaboration with researchers and labs at Stanford University and The University of California at Berkeley combined with the innovative spirit of the Silicon Valley have helped the group in deftly tackling several significant research projects.
The purpose of an Intern within the Microsensor and Systems Technologies group is, to provide support for development and scouting of new sensor system technologies.
As part of the team that specializes in systems and algorithm for new sensor concepts the Intern is primarily responsible for development and implementation of machine learning algorithm, system definition and optimization, design and run of experiments, data gathering and interpretation, performing scouting, documentation, organization and related tasks at the direction of a research engineer, scientist, or project leader.
- Support the team in the field of AI and machine learning for sensor application with limited resources
- Provide scouting support through literature searches, patent searches, industry/academic news searches, academic/business networking, and related activities
- Design, build, and maintain developer environments for machine learning
- Design, run, analyze, and manage simulation and provide simulation reports
- Keep detailed records of activities, and contribute to presentations and written reports
- Pursuing Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related AI fields
- Practical experience with machine learning
- 1-2 years of experience supporting machine learning related software developments, or related research projects
- Familiar with common machine learning tools and libraries
- Demonstrated ability to plan, conduct, and manage tasks of medium scope
- Strong personal computer skills including Microsoft and Linux OS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expecting to finishing Ph.D. within 2 years
- Research in sensor related AI and machine learning field with limited resources
- Solid with developer environments on Windows and Linux
- Solid background with TensorFlow, Python and Matlab
- Able to modify machine learning frame works
- Embedded programing on micro controllers or FPGAs is a plus
Internship duration: 6 months
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World in Motion)