Software Developer and Tester (M/F)
- Estrada Nacional 16 - km 3.7 - Cacia, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
The Bosch unit in Aveiro belongs to the Thermotechnology division and manages the global business unit of residential water. About 1,300 associates are responsible for the development, production and marketing of innovative solutions that make homes smarter, more efficient and environment friendly. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leader in the water heaters market in Europe.
Bosch is on the way to becoming one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). In the Research and Development Center of Bosch Thermotechnology in Aveiro, more than 200 engineers contribute to making homes and cities more intelligent and efficient by developing solutions for Bosch business units and divisions around the globe. From hardware to software, we have all kinds of opportunities waiting for you.
Your contribution to something big
You will have the opportunity to join a software development team of the Residential Heat Pumps team, in Aveiro, focusing on the software testing activities of the heat pumps’ control units. Heat pumps offer a heating and/or cooling solution for the household, as well as domestic hot water, for the best and most efficient comfort at home. In this position, you will:
- Take over responsibility as a software tester in development projects;
- Test and validate the software of the heat pump, including integration (communication buses) with other components in the system;
- Create test plans, based on the software specifications and change requests derived from project requirements, and delivery dates;
- Coordinate the feature and bug tracking process by cooperating with an international team of developers and testers, striving for the continuous improvement of both the software under test, and the testing framework and tools;
- Support the software development team in deriving software requirements from project/appliance requirements, and in reviewing software specification, and technical implementation.
What distinguishes you
- Masters degree in Electronic Engineer, Electrical and Computers Engineering, or similar;
- Knowledge and experience in C/C++;
- Good communication skills (in Portuguese and English), and willingness to collaborate with an international team;
- Sense of responsibility - not only for own tasks, but also for system problems, even those that are not part of the product under test;
- Proactive attitude, testing also against common sense and not only following the requirements;
- Motivated/self-driven, with ability to drive the software testing activities in Aveiro and acquire new tasks.
- Knowledge and experience in Matlab Simulink;
- Knowledge of modern DevOps (particularly the Atlassian Tool Chain);
- Experience in testing/automated testing methods (e.g. V&V methods, Certified Tester Foundation Level, Robot Framework);
- Good communication and interpersonal skills: strong standing as a test manager among project team members, in order to highlight the importance of software testing in the projects;
- Knowledge of data bus communication (e.g. CAN, Modbus, Linbus);
- Experience in building automation and HVAC systems.
What we offer you
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking space
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!