Sales and Project Management Support Intern
- Millburn Hill Rd, Coventry CV4, UK
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Ltd.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Powertrain Sales and Application department supports the design, application, development and project management activities for automotive components used by Jaguar Land Rover and other automotive manufacturers.
The Sales and Project Management Internship role gives students the chance to work as a member of the JLR Powertrain team with a diverse range of responsibilities, including the opportunity to visits customer in the UK and, for some, overseas travel to manufacturing sites. Additionally, there will be the chance for autonomous and creative working, the introduction to many sales and controlling systems and the presentation of results at team meetings. The placement will also provide an insight into the operation of a global automotive systems supplier and an understanding as to how it interfaces with vehicle / engine manufacturers. You will be based in the Science Park next to the University of Warwick.
Please note this is a 12 month placement starting in August 2020 open to undergraduates.
- Support project management and acquisition activities
- Definition and Documentation of Sensor Release Process
- Support series launch activities for Engine Control Units
- Support engineering change requests
- Support and present in customer meetings e.g. telephone conferences
- Manage and follow-up the ordering and tracking of JLR prototype (customer validation) parts
- Support on customer specific quality and warranty activities
- You should be studying for a degree in a relevant discipline e.g. Engineering
- Excellent communication and written English skills
- Have a keen interest in the commercial/business side of Engineering and work experience in a similar environment
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a self-starter
- Have a methodical approach to topics
- Full driving licence
- German language skills - desirable
Please note that we would like you to start in August 2020 for a 12-month Internship. This position is open to undergraduates who are required to partake in a work placement as part of their degree course.
Before applying for this vacancy you must inform your Faculty/School Placement Officer. If your Faculty/School does not have a Placement Officer, you must inform your Course Tutor.