Senior Software Developer
- Millburn Hill Rd,, Coventry, England, United Kingdom
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Ltd.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions provides the aftermarket and workshops worldwide with a complete range of diagnostic and repair shop equipment and a wide range of spare parts for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Its product portfolio includes products made as Bosch original equipment, as well as aftermarket products and services developed and manufactured in-house. In its “Automotive Service Solutions” operations, Bosch supplies testing and repair-shop technology, diagnostic software, service training and information services.
In it's Automotive Aftermarket division, Bosch employs more than 17,000 associates in 150 countries.
We are looking for a candidate with a combination of deep IT know how and automotive domain knowledge to join our expending development team. The team design, develop and maintain web based automotive diagnostics data analysis systems.
Your tasks & responsibilities
· Deliver Software solution designs to meet customer requirements (front end & back end)
· Ensure software solutions meet performance and scalability targets
· Develops ideas into efficient, reliable and maintainable code
· Follow Bosch quality standards for all deliverables including Automotive SPICE
· Perform peer code reviews, unit test
· Education to a degree level in IT / Engineering / Mathematics
· 7+ year’s professional experience in software development
· Working knowledge of enterprise IT architecture
· Deep technical understanding in:
o Experience developing large relational database systems covering design, development, maintenance and documentation
o Familiarity with Linux OS
· Proven ability to absorb complex & technical information
· Must be highly motivated and driven to succeed in a demanding business environment
· Proven written & verbal communication skills
- SQL development
- Automotive domain knowledge including diagnostics data
- Data Mining & Data ETL frameworks and tools
- Big Data Architecture (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Google Cloud, Google Big Query etc.)
- Business Intelligence Reporting technology (Tableau, WEBi etc.)
- Six Sigma / Statistics Analysis
- Qualified in Agile
Competitive salary, bonus and pension, flexible worktime options, employee discounts including various sports and health opportunities, on-site parking and access to local public transport, catering facilities, room for creativity and many opportunities for personal and professional development