Test Application Engineer
- Millburn Hill Rd, Coventry CV4, UK
- Legal Entity: Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd.
For more than 125 years, Bosch has been giving people all over the world the chance to take an active role in helping shape the future in one of the world's largest technology and research companies.
The areas we work in are as widespread as our locations all over the world.
The Automotive Aftermarket section is responsible for the worldwide aftermarket business and services. In more than 140 countries, we offer spare parts, technical information and training, as well as diagnostic hardware, software and services for analysis, upkeep and repair of vehicles.
As a Test Application Engineer, you will be the onsite technical support of Vehicle Configuration and Test System (VCATS) projects for two of our key customers globally. The project encompasses the following elements: Enterprise solutions, Vehicle test and configuration, Interfaces with plant systems, Hardware and software, and Custom engineering solutions with services and support.
Part of the role will involve authoring end of line tests and sequences executed at the EOL System of the Car Manufacturer. You will be involved with preparing design specification documentation for automotive test and configuration strategies.
A part of the team, you will plan sub-sections of the project implementing required test strategies and report to the project manager. One of the key responsibilities of the role will be to implement required test strategies, support integration validation and systems assurance functions. You will liaise with customers to provide problem solutions and prepare plant launches of test systems. Responsibilities will involve testing/validating and deploying of end of line diagnostic equipment.
- Strong understanding of vehicle diagnostic communications, terminology and SAE standards (e.g. analyse CAN traces). Understanding of vehicle sub-systems, including electrical design.
- Customer focused and able to engage will key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of vehicle manufacturing processes and testing techniques
- Degree qualified in Computer Science or Electrical / Electronic Engineering or possess equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of SQL Server/Databases.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary, bonus and pension.
- Flexible worktime options.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised catering facilities and free fruit.
- Employee discounts on Bosch products and partner companies.
- Employee discounts including various sports and health opportunities.
- Free on-site parking and access to local public transport.
If you’re interested in the role please apply and one of the recruitment team will be in touch shortly. We look forward to receiving your application.