Production Team Lead
- 655 Eisenhower Dr, Owatonna, MN 55060, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Inc.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the change to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch!
Hours: M-F 7:00am-3:30pm - flexible schedule and to include over time as required due to warehouse demand.
This position is accountable for the set-up, training and operation of production lines to cost effectively produce high-quality product on a timely basis that meets customer requirements.
- Ensure that all manufacturing lines are scheduled to most effective utilization and make work assignments accordingly.
- Set up and operate plant equipment as needed to ensure that production objectives and utilization targets are met.
- Train/cross-train full-time and temporary employees in designated area of responsibility.
- Ensure that all needed materials, standard work and tooling is ready and available for production when needed in accordance with scheduling requirements.
- Participate as an active member of the production assembly team and assembly of products as required.
- Maintain all schedule performance and tracking information for designated area of responsibility and shift.
- Communicate and work effectively with supervisors, Manufacturing Engineers, Design and Software Engineers, Warehouse and Maintenance, on work in progress.
- Provide feedback on a regular basis in designated area to appropriate management.
- Effectively lead a team of ten or more co-workers in day to day work operations.
- Continually monitor methods, processes and procedures to ensure departmental goals are being met related to efficiencies, equipment utilization and time usage in order to maintain or improve cost competitiveness.
- Provide quality in all goods and services delivered to internal and external customers through an approach of thorough planning, responsible implementation, and continuous improvement.
- Follow and continually monitor established safety procedures to assure a clean, safe work environment is promoted and maintained.
- Follow and continually monitor all policies and procedures, promote adherence to establish policies and escalate deviations to supervision.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that interfaces well with customers, clients, co-workers and management members.
- Assure package quality for shipping to dealers.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in any of the duties performed in designated area of responsibility, which includes but is not limited to the set up and operation of machines in the area, accurate part inspection, and other essential position skills.
- Extensive work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to lead others
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Working knowledge and experience with ERP systems
- PC skills including Word, excel, and on-line computing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of verbal and written English
- Excellent associate relations skills
- Detail and quality oriented
- Leadership ability
- Ability to use basic problem solving skills to ensure a stable operation of production lines
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or alter shifts in order to meet program shipment requirements.
- Ability to drive a forklift (this is desired, but not required)
- Safety and environmentally conscientious
- Ability to communicate and interact well with all BOSCH associates, and contract personnel
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.