Java Developer (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
The Bosch unit in Aveiro belongs to the Thermotechnology division and manages the global business unit of residential water. About 1,300 associates are responsible for the development, production and marketing of innovative solutions that make homes smarter, more efficient and environment friendly. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leader in the water heaters market in Europe.
Bosch is on the way to becoming one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). In the Research and Development Center of Bosch Thermotechnology in Aveiro, more than 200 engineers contribute to making homes and cities more intelligent and efficient by developing solutions for Bosch business units and divisions around the globe. From hardware to software, we have all kinds of opportunities waiting for you.
Your contribution to something big:
- Be part of a talented and motivated, multi-cultural and cross-functional software team always looking forward to improve and learn;
- Provide expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing and deployment;
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code;
- Know, understand and contribute to the software architecture;
- Support continuous improvement by actively investing and presenting alternatives and new technologies for architectural review;
- Participate in the development of a cloud hosted solution running on Kubernetes;
- Live the DevOps culture in continuous search for higher development efficiency from conception to deployment.
What distinguishes you:
- Academic degree in Informatics Engineering, Computer Sciences, or similar;
- Solid knowledge on Java 8, RxJava and good understanding about software design patterns;
- Good understanding of microservices architecture and respective deployment strategies using docker and kubernetes;
- Ability to envision future developments, demonstrating a sense of initiative and pro-activity to work towards the strategy accomplishment;
- Have a detail-oriented approach to the work and potential problems, reviewing it constructively and anticipating solutions;
- Experience with Agile Development process;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to work in an international team environment;
- Willingness to travel.
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking lot | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!