Cloud Software Engineer - Java (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
The Bosch unit in Aveiro belongs to the Thermotechnology division and manages the global business unit of residential water. About 1,300 associates are responsible for the development, production and marketing of innovative solutions that make homes smarter, more efficient and environment friendly. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leader in the water heaters market in Europe.
Bosch is on the way to becoming one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). In the Research and Development Center of Bosch Thermotechnology in Aveiro, more than 200 engineers contribute to making homes and cities more intelligent and efficient by developing solutions for Bosch business units and divisions around the globe. From hardware to software, we have all kinds of opportunities waiting for you.
Your contribution to something big
This position offers the opportunity to actively influence and work on products that are changing the course of the residential heating and cooling solutions. You will be part of a talented, motivated, multi-cultural and cross-functional team that fosters a culture of continuous improvement through learning and challenging of the status quo. The main responsibilities of this position are:
- Writing well designed, testable and efficient code;
- Developing unit and integration tests;
- Providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle;
- Ongoing effort to improve software and processes;
- Working daily with software developers, product owners and designers;
- Reviewing work constructively and anticipating solutions;
- Living the agile principles and values.
What distinguishes you
- Solid knowledge on Java, Vert.x and RxJava;
- Clear understading of functional programming;
- Very good knowledge about software architecture patterns;
- Ability to envision future developments;
- Experience with Agile Development process;
- Curiosity about new technological trends;
- Knowledge about Docker and Kubernetes;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to work in an international team environment;
- Academic degree in Informatics Engineering, Computer Sciences, or similar.
What we offer you
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking lot | space for creativity
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!