Acoustic Engineer (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
The Bosch unit in Aveiro belongs to the Thermotechnology division and manages the global business unit of residential water. About 1,300 associates are responsible for the development, production and marketing of innovative solutions that make homes smarter, more efficient and environment friendly. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leader in the water heaters market in Europe.
Bosch is on the way to becoming one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). In the Research and Development Center of Bosch Thermotechnology in Aveiro, more than 200 engineers contribute to making homes and cities more intelligent and efficient by developing solutions for Bosch business units and divisions around the globe. From hardware to software, we have all kinds of opportunities waiting for you.
Your contribution to something big:
- Understanding of acoustic as well as heat pump principles;
- Coordination and execution of acoustic tests according to ISO specifications (Sound Power Measurements);
- Analyze acoustic data using standard acoustic analysis programs;
- Present and communicate test results and findings to development teams;
- Derive noise reduction opportunities on component and system level;
- Assess new materials and material combinations for increased acoustic performance;
- Support RW with expertise.
What distinguishes you:
- Experience within the area of acoustics or NVH (Noise, Vibration & Harshness), ideally with testing & analysis background;
- Familiarity with Fourier Transformation and frequency domain as well as acoustic analysis software;
- Good understanding of physics and mathematics;
- Understanding of testing techniques and methodologies;
- Understanding of acoustical principals and wave propagation;
- Understanding of rotating machines;
- Experience with hardware and/or testing;
- Experience with data acquisition and data analysis;
- Experience with setting up and performing tests;
- Ability to work self reliable as well as in a team environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to take on responsibility for own work and initiative to finding solutions;
- Pro-active attitude;
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge in Matlab and Microsoft Office;
- Familiarity with Data Acquisition Software and programming.
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking lot | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!