Functional Safety Software Calibration Engineer - location Broadview IL
- 2800 S 25th Avenue, Broadview, IL, United States
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
We in Powertrain Solutions (PS) Electronic Controls (EC) offer integrated solutions in the market segments Electric Vehicles, Passenger Cars and Commercial Vehicles / Off-Road and aim to become #1 provider of products and solutions in the diversified powertrain sector ranging from gasoline and diesel injection to electrified drives with battery and fuel cell technologies.
Around 90,000 associates in 27 countries and more than 90 locations worldwide are playing their part in the success of Powertrain Solutions.
We are the integral part of PS-EC Engineering Services focusing on innovative service solutions in the area of powertrain software and calibration. We develop customer specific solutions for helping our customers bring their products and services successfully to the Market. Our broad expertise regarding powertrain controls and our system and component know-how allow us to provide innovative, flexible and convincing solutions for our customers.
As a leading supplier in the automotive industry, Robert Bosch LLC has made its Broadview Illinois facility the center for furthering Bosch's technologies and North American Heavy Duty Engine Controls businesses.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to part of the team to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
- Complete Functional Safety Design Checks for Powertrain Control Units for Diesel, Gasoline, Hybrid, Electric, and Fuel Cell Vehicles.
- Plan/coordinate/track activities for functional safety (powertrain) in all relevant phases of projects.
- Perform safety management design through modeling and according to relevant standards during all project phases (concept, product development, production) including hazard analysis.
- Drive activities to ensure proper system error detection and vehicle reactions, and create project specific functional safety requirements.
- Initiate, establish and maintain the safety evaluation criteria (project specific proof of functional safety).
- Recommend release of the safety design for projects (based on completeness and technical correctness).
- Conduct reviews within project teams to ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout product development and life cycles.
- Represent functional safety interests inside the company, promote safety culture.
- Debug/troubleshoot software, utilizing Bosch proprietary tools, customer tools and generic tools
- Verify and validate compliance to safety requirements and ensure projects meet Bosch quality standards.
- System testing will be conducted in simulation environments, Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL), on test bench and in prototype vehicles
- Present results and discuss functional safety related topics and report progress to internal and external customers, stakeholders and consultants.
- Complete company business travel – up to 25% annually, both domestic and international.
- Develop professional networks within Bosch and extend to external business partners.
This position requires a valid driver’s license. A Commercial Driver's License is beneficial.
Bachelor of Science Degree
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering Degree preferred
Hands on applied approach experience
Master’s Engineering degree in mechanical, electrical, control systems or computer engineering or science.
Proficiency in MatLab/Simulink, ASCET, and C++
Good powertrain system knowledge (Diesel, Gasoline, Hybrid, Electric Vehicle) in Hardware, Software and Calibration.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills, flexible, fast learning.
Good communication skills with professional and positive attitude, ability to work in a global development team.
Taking initiative and ability to work within a team.
3 or more years edrive or engine controls or powertrain torque management experience (experience can include co-op, internship, professional experience, or experience with Formula SAE, Formula Hybrid, SolarCar, FutureCar, EcoCAR or other vehicle).
Strong with electrical, mechanical and software controlled systems.
Experience with data acquisition tools preferred.
Hands-on experience with edrive/engine/electronic system optimizations are a plus.
Vehicle related hobbies are a plus.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)