Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (TEF)
- Keys Road, Nix's Hill Industrial Estate, Alfreton, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
- Legal Entity: sia Abrafoam Ltd.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch. sia Abrasives (part of the Bosch Power Tools/Accessories Division) is an innovative manufacturer of non-woven and foam abrasive products as well as a distributer in the UK of coated abrasives. The sites at sia Fibral Ltd, Greetland, West Yorkshire and sia Abrafoam Ltd, Alfreton, Derbyshire, have a wealth of experience in the manufacture and development of abrasive products, ideally complementing sia Abrasives’ systems solutions.
Reporting to the Engineering (TEF) Team Leader, this role will be to carry out, according to competency and with minimum supervision, those tasks necessary to achieve the objective of engineering maintenance and installation in accordance with the site HSE standards and desired site reliability and technical integrity.
- Carry out engineering activities in a safe manner, utilise appropriate PPE as specified
- Be involved in all safety initiatives, i.e. audits, incident reporting, shutdown safety initiative, etc.
- Be responsible for ensuring that good housekeeping standards are maintained in their own activities, including the safe removal of all scrap engineering materials/general rubbish for their area of work.
- Use and participate in site permit work procedures
- Carry out planned maintenance activities in order to facilitate the move from breakdown to planned maintenance on site
- Participate, as required, in the construction, installation and commissioning of approved plant modifications and projects
- Overhaul equipment to manufacturer’s/site standards in order to provide cost effective maintenance on site
- Assist in site inspection/testing activities as required, within own area of competence
- Undergo basic engineering cross-skill training and upskill training in core skill area and actively seek opportunities to apply these skills in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of engineering activities on the site
- Work flexibly in all required areas of the site and in close co-operation with other members of the engineering team
- Undergo further training for either plant equipment or engineering tools changes and assist in the training of new personnel where necessary
- Use Maintenance Management Systems to create stores requisitions and feedback work details as necessary
Note that this is a rotating 3-shift role (Monday-Friday). The Company operates an annualised hours system.
* Possess the relevant electrical qualifications and experience to be able to work safely within a manufacturing environment * Possess fundamental engineering mechanical knowledge and skills * Ideally apprentice trained in Mechanical/Electrical engineering and/or educated to GCSE level in Maths/English at Grade C or above (or equivocal) * Ability to supervise and advise contract workers to safely complete required tasks on site * Must be aware of and capable of working to engineering best practice * IT literate * Be a communicator: have a relatively outgoing personality, with a moral compass * Excellent communication skills both verbal and written * Willingness to accept change * Proactive and positive approach to tasks * Proactive self-starter able to work under own direction, a “starter-completer”, providing ongoing updates and follow project to completion * Strong interpersonal skills * Demonstrates attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy * Flexible, with the ability to support and positively influence across various departments and levels of management * Strong adherence to health, safety, environment and quality standards *
Competitive benefits and services including pension, life assurance, 24 holidays + statutory leave (increase after 2 years' continued service), employee assistance programme, employee discounts and on Bosch goods, development opportunities, close to motorway links and on-site parking